Distant Learning??

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by tea, Apr 15, 2003.

1. tea

tea Well-Known Member

I am looking for a distant learning program. Please advise what I am looking for to make sure it is not a scam university? Or advise which one I should choose. I see Phoenix online all the time however, I am very hesitant. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. mike101

mike101 Well-Known Member

Most state colleges have similar programs as well as extension classes at local and community colleges. Try those.

3. Mycroft

Mycroft Well-Known Member

Check with either the University of New York or New Yourk University, I forget which. Also do an internet search for CLEP.

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

University of Phoenix is a legit college. They have campuses all over the country now, and a lot of online programs.

Many universities are doing distance learning now. I know that University of Maryland and George Washington University also offer these programs.

5. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Thanks for you all's input....Hopefully by the fall I will be registered into a Grad School.

6. nala

nala Member

I know Vermont College has a very good distance learning program (affiliated with Norwich University, which is a military school, but not at all the same!).

7. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

Vermont College was recently adjoined with The Union Institute and University in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is where I go for my undergraduate's.

The Union Insitute and University is accredited by the same association as all other colleges in this area. They are extremely organized and have a good reputation.