Best Cards for Limit Increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nickpaige, Jun 23, 2003.

1. nickpaige

nickpaige Well-Known Member

I've got a few cards that I would like to begin using to build CLs. I have a BLUE, BofA Plat, GM Card, and Disney Visa. Which of these companies are most likely to raise the CL with a payment habit of charging about 2K monthly and paying off in full every month. I'm not even going to ask about Citi as I've been told they want to see a balance left.

Thanks!

2. Sheepshead

Sheepshead Well-Known Member

BofA

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I don't know what bank puts out all of those cards, but I have found both Citi and FirstUSA to be more generous than B of A.

4. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Citibank upped my $1K Platinum Select to $1700 earlier in the month (after only six months, and it's pretty much been a BT-sockdrawer card)

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Citi just raised my limit 1800 to 18,000.
    I had a 0 balance, but at 6.9% for a year I will use about 17,000 soon.

www.creditsense.com

6. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

BOA I'VE WENT FROM 7500 TO 25000 IN A LITTLE OVER A YEAR used a lot though .........

7. nickpaige

Thanks Everyone!

8. blackie

blackie Well-Known Member

I have Citibank, MBNA, Chase. All have $25k limits.

Citibank is very accommodating with increases.

MBNA is generous with increases also. I established the cl before I activated the card.

Chase is the biggest collection of knuckleheads I have ever witnessed. You'd have thought I was asking to fly the plane. Chewed my way through 5 supervisor reps before I finally reached the cockpit. ;-)

I'm going to add BOA to my collection next since I understand they're fairly generous also. And since BOA will base my initial cl on exisiting clmts with other banks, I'm going to ask for a 50k initial cl.

Cheers!

9. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Credit, will, blackie, etc..... Are you guys using them a lot every month and paying them off every month or what? Obviously a 10x cl increase for credit is impressive. Blackie, do tell us your secrets!!

10. nickpaige

Good point AmyB.
    How did you guys do it?

11. willgator

amy I would transfer balances to it carry a balance for a couple months pay it off and transfer more to it always within 1000 or 2000 of credit limit called r after 6 months and after 9 months....

12. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Best Cards for Limit Increases

Well that was my plan sorta. I bt'd 50% of my cl to chase and mbna at 0% and I was going to pay them like 1k a mo and pay off in 2-3 mos. I only went over 50% b/c of the bt fee. Well after what marci said, I was a little scared they won't raise me like they do her (mbna).
    Where did you start and where did you end up now? (I know you have 39k+ now on chase with 3 lines....what was your game plan with them?) And you like mbna.....soooo what did you do with them? BT a lot and pay off fast?

13. me

me Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Best Cards for Limit Increases

My best card for increases has been BLUE. Started in 2000 with a 5k limit and am now up to 30k.

14. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

They have to be reporting incomes of at least $5,000+ a month

15. willgator

DO WE????????

16. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Yeah, my question was more about use of the card. Income is not an issue.

17. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

....for us I meant.

18. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

We use all our cards the same way, both business and personal. We borrow when a teaser rate is offered, we borrow within 500-1000 of the limit, we make 10% of the balance payments, until a month before the teaser expires and then pay in full.

It works for more teasers and higher limits, it is what our business model is based on.

wwww.creditsense.com

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

BofA can give you increase without pulling any credit report. BankOne always pull credit report for limit increase and GM Card didn't like to increase limit increase. It is tough for Household Bank giving you any increase. Citi will give auto increase every 3 to 4 months without pulling credit report. MBNA will give increase every 2 to 3 months in my case without asking.

Ron.

20. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Wow, Ron, that's exactly what I wanted to know. How do you use your mbna card?