question, monthly fees(checking)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Jul 19, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

At BofA if you have a prima checking account and a installment loan of over 15,000, they waive the monthly fee of 20.00. My question is, my loan just went under 15,000, is this why they are now charging me the monthly fee?(I did get the first one waived by the way) the woman said when I opened my account that once it was keyed that I wasn't to be charged a monthly fee, that I never would even if the loan goes under 15,000, and that the computer would probably never even catch on, and I shouldn't worry about the monthly fees. How true do you think this is?

(I know it is kind of vague, but does anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff.)

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Fleet has the same offer, they waive a 16 monthly fee if your combined debt plus balances is 15000. If it falls below, you will get charged the 16, it happened to me when I paid off my auto loan. Computers don't make mistakes, humans do, so she lied.

www.creditsense.com

3. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

that's what I figured, now looking for a new bank:)

I was gonna go with citibank, but after reading the horror stories on fatwallet.com, I am quite afraid to.
    I am thinking about union bank of california, still thinking about citibank maybe, and also hawthorne savings.

The latter 2 offering 100, and 150 dollar signup bonuses, anyone have an recommendations?

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: question, monthly fees(checking)

VOIDED