Attack Plan CN Vets Please Review

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zumwald1, Aug 3, 2003.

1. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

After about 3 weeks of remaining glued to CreditNet I think I am ready to begin my plan of attack. I still don't really believe it will work but what the heck, I have nothing to lose because my credit sucks right now!!!! I still am not sure I have a real good handle on all of this but here is my plan!!!! Please let me know what you think!!

2 Paid Chargeoffs from 2000(Conseco Finance and Capitol 1)-Nutcase Letter series
    2 Collections for Hospital Bills-Use the Validation sequence listed on the boards here & also dispute with CB after receipt of green card. CA should list account as disputed with CB or this is a violation & they should also be able to validate within 30 days or delete????
    1 Judgement-Delete address listed on judgement off credit report & then dispute with credit bureaus
    Numerous Inquiries-Use planet feedback to send the letter listed in the letters section

and last but not least, the items that are hurting me the most are lates on open accounts. I have sent off goodwill letters & have had 0 success so my plan is to pay off and close the accounts & then dispute the information as being reported inaccurate and incomplete and make them prove I was late (I am a little unclear on this, as far as I can tell, a printout of statements is not enough???????) while checking for vioulations of Fair Credit Reporting Act (they must list the account as disputed with DB, they cannot pull your credit report) after their receipt of dispute also dispute with credit bureau????

Let me know if this looks like a good plan to all of you veterans out there!!!!!!!!!! I will probably have a ton of questions as things progress, I hope you will help!!!

Thanks DiSpy

2. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

BUMP!!!!!!!!

3. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

the plan is not bad, but i WOULD TRY a simple not mine dispute first and see what is deleted. especially for the paid chargeoffs and any ca. if the judgment address, the same as your current address? is the judgement over two years old? if so, a simple dispute could result in deletion. Don't overlook the obvious!

4. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

Thanks, Yes the judgement is 3 years old & I am at a different address. That is a good tip, I will try the easy route first!!!

5. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

I would also try the Goodwill letters on the paid charge offs before bthe nutcase. You cn always us ethe Nutcase letters if Goodwill doesn't work, but it;s hard to go the other way.

6. kingfish

kingfish Well-Known Member

Before you submit your "not mine" defense for the judgement, make sure that you contact the CRA's and have them remove all old addresses. (This will make verifying the items more difficult)