Best time to pull scores???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zero, Aug 25, 2003.

1. zero

zero Member

Just wondering if there is a recommend time of month to pull... ie: beginning or end of the month. I understand that in theory reports can be updated daily, but this certainly isn't ALWAYS the case. Case in point, a couple of weeks ago I was approved for a Citi Plat with a 2000 limit, yet it hasn't been reported to any of the CRA's. Is it more likely to have info posted a few days into a new month? I'm curious because today I pulled a 700 w/EFX @ myfico and I'm interested in learnig my scores at TU and EXP. . Using the FICO simulator, my score should jump to a 730 (all else being equal) once the Citi Plat is showing, so I"m guessing the same for EFX and EXP... should I just wait until they report then before I purchase the scores???? What do most of you do?

zero

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I use day 4-8 (OF ANY GIVEN MONTH) NOT ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY...

When I had "UNLIMITED" CW...it was ALWAYS no change on SATURDAY or SUNDAY and "USUALLY" no changes at all on days 1-3...

YMMV

3. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Good luck! My scores dropped when the new cards reported.

4. zero

zero Member

Thankx for the heads up. The jump is according to the FICO simulator, I was somewhat surprised myself with that estimation. Essenitally today was the first time I"ve pulled my score (FICO, have been using PG daily tho) so I guess I won't really know if it jumps or drops with EX or TU... and I'm not so sure I want to drop $20 today, then again in a week or two just to see what they're at.. oh well. From this point on i'm in it for the long haul. Hindsight will offer me a better idea down the road I suspect.