Success With Capital One

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by whoopi, Aug 27, 2003.

1. whoopi

whoopi Active Member

i recently disputed a charged off account with cap 1 and it was removed with no problem. What i don't understand is that i only disputed it only one time. I have changed my address a couple of times within the last year. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

2. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

The 7 year SOL was probably up. It was due to fall off anyway. Congrats :)

3. whoopi

whoopi Active Member

the sol was not up until about 6 more years?? i thought cap 1 was tough to get off your reports?

4. Melissap1

Melissap1 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I think you got "lucky"!

5. nngoodcred

nngoodcred Member

Had your cap 1 gone to a CA yet? Mines is now with NCO financial and I dont know whether to attempt to pay them through CCCS ( my original plan) or just try to dispute it. I know they have the wrong address for me because when they called they asked me if I still lived there (I'd never heard of the street!)

6. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Obviously that was a mistake. Probably keyed in wrong by a over-worked minimum wage employee. As soon as Cap 1 updates your report it will be back on there.

7. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Success With Capital One

Then you can play the reinsertion without notification game with the CRA.

I was lucky enough to get Cap One deleted off of TU, it was reinserted illegally, and was hard deleted.

8. janritch

janritch Well-Known Member

Which CRA did you dispute with and How long did it take for the TL to be removed? Janet

9. whoopi

whoopi Active Member

i disputed it with trans union and equifax and came off no problem but had to dispute twice with equifax cause the first time they dropped it down to a R5 and on the second time around they deleted it.

10. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Do you mind if I ask how old the account was? I'm trying to get rid of a Cap1 account, too.

Thanks in advance

11. whoopi

whoopi Active Member

the account was only one year old.

12. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Cool. That give me hope. This one is almost 3 years old.

I swear sometimes I think it just depends on who gets the dispute - arbitrarily deleting or verifying.

I think I asked you in another thread if used letters from here when you disputed, or just did a general dispute with the CRAs.

I appreciate your answering my questions. I hope I'm not being a pain. It just gives me hope when other people have been successful doing what I'm trying to do.

Thanks again
    R

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*I don't know whether to attempt to pay them through CCCS ( my original plan) 2*or just try to dispute it.
    nn good cred
    1*Nco is a big baddie Don't add another Neg.by going to C C C S.
    2*Send NCO the validation letter.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59