State of Maryland CCU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by robin, Aug 28, 2003.

1. robin

robin Well-Known Member

I have this collection agency on numerous FDCPA violations. Failure to validate, continued collection activity, failure to mark account in dispute you name it. However, I have heard that I cannot sue this collection agency because they are a state agency. Does anyone have any info on them that supports this. You can do a search to find out the long saga but I am at the end of my rope here and they continue to verify with the CRA's even though they have never sent me anything other than a computer print-out of one bill in response to my request for validation.

2. robin

robin Well-Known Member

What? I guess no one here remembers me :) Butch....anyone? Has it really been that long? Anyway, whatever advice you guys can give is appreciated.

3. robin

robin Well-Known Member

courtesy BUMP

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

A state agency? What do they collect, just debts to the state? If so, I would think the state would have many of the same rights as the federal government to garnish, take tax refunds, etc.

I have lived in Maryland for many years and never heard of them. Are you positive they're a state agency? What are they trying to collect for? If I know a little more I may be able to find out something in a day or so.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Embrace Love, Dispense Truth and Honor Friendship

Feed your mind at Prodigy Press

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    another bump