Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tryinhard, Sep 1, 2003.

1. tryinhard

tryinhard Well-Known Member

I have a question.....I disputed an account that shows up on on all three of my credit reports and it came back verified from all of them, I then sent out a demand for validation to CA at the end of july, no response, so I disputed again with the CRA's AGAIN it came back verified, My question is this...Should I send out another demand for validation letter to CA or should I send something a little stronger like ITS? What is the best way to handle this? Thanks for any advice.

2. bigmon

bigmon Well-Known Member

Send the Estoppel letter then if they don't respond send the ITS. I have gone straight to the ITS a few times and sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. If you are going to sue then you need to send Estoppel first to establish a paper trail.

I would also request procedure from the CRA or dispute again if they let you.

Your situation is very common.

3. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Yep, I am going through the exact same thing.

4. bigmon

bigmon Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. I keep making work for them. Some of my OC's have caved in a deleted.

5. rhondak

That's what I'm working toward. None of his (my fiance) are very much money - $96 here, $71 there, $208 on one, just one real baddie - $3850 for a trade school - past SOL, though. Just too many collection accounts for the mortgage company - they don't really seem to care about the amounts, just the number of them.

Hell, before I found this board, I was planning on paying most of them off! Glad I found this board before I did anything about that!

Fiance just went through a nasty divorce and one I'm trying to get rid of is a voluntary surrunder (his ex's car, joint with her) - 1 year to SOL on that one - it's the only one that makes me nervous about opening a can of worms.

I really wish I would've gotten a score before I started so I could compare since I've gotten so many off already. TU took off 11 derogs in the first month I disputed. Equifax took off 8, Experian (stubborn b@st@rds) have only removed 4 or 5.

I pulled the free score from Eloan.com a few weeks ago and it was 563 - don't know what it is now, but don't want to pay to pull scores again until I get a little further in the process.

6. bigmon

bigmon Well-Known Member

It's a good idea to wait out the SOL if it's not getting in the way of getting credit.

If you need to delete it sooner than you have to keep disputing until you wear them out.

7. rhondak

The only one the mortgage company said it wanted off was the trade school. It's past SOL.

BUT the CA that took it over has different dates on it than the OC.

Most of the old, little stuff is gone, just a few left.

Guess I'll go the prescribed validation, estoppel, ITS route on that one.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

so I disputed again with the CRA's AGAIN it came back verified
    tryinhard
    ===============
    The CA violated here by verfiying without validation first.1000 bucks,
    Now on with estoppel.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''