Input please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brainwashd, Sep 5, 2003.

1. brainwashd

brainwashd Member

Beware I am a newbie! I have read many of the threads and at this point unsure of what action to take. The situation concerns a NAB bank that was sent to CA. I paid this in full. The company didn't not contact me prior to sending this to the CA because (after investigating) the company had my address wrong (i moved out of state). The funny thing is the CA "found" me just fine. Again I paid the account in full. At this point is there anything that I can do to remove the negative remarks from this Bank? Currently it does not show as a charge off on my CR. I am assuming that this is because NAB bank had "computer problems" and it doesn't show this yet. I have a score of 545 and highly doubt I would be approved for any loan. I would appreciate any advice on how to handle this matter, I have a few ideas but would really like some input.

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Exactly how is it reporting?

3. brainwashd

brainwashd Member

It is shown as open with a balance. I have contacted both CA and Visa. The CA is sending me letters stating this account has been paid and also faxed this copy to NAB bank. CRA does not show that I was sent to CA. Funny thing, I paid this in full the first of June. Do I send a letter ?? to NAB about the lapse in address change info. stating how could they report this to a CA without contacting me first. Even thought I am sure they show all the "valid attempts" to contact me? Thanks again I know this is confusing, well at least for me it is!!

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

They don't have to notify you before they send to a CA. Do you have copies of documentation showing that you changed your address with them?

5. brainwashd

brainwashd Member

no, but NAB bank does. He read them to me over the phone. It was a combo of my old address and new address.