Sams Club Credit....Wierd!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Maer, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

So I'm checking out at Sams Club today and when she totals my purchase the register pops up that I am pre-approved for a Sams Club Credit Card. She asks me if I'm interested and I tell her that I am in the process of buying a house and don't want any inquiries (that's a lie but sounds better than "no, I have a bk and you'll just deny me anyway). She tells me I am completely pre-approved and they don't run a credit report. I don't have to fill out an app or anything. I went ahead and said yes and she gave me a little receipt telling me I was approved for 800.00 limit at 19.99%. She told me to take it to customer service and they will issue me my card. I took it to customer service, she asked for ID and wrote my driver's license info down. She took another picture of me and gave me my credit card. I said don't you want my social security number or anything and she said no, you're all pre-approved, we don't need anything else from you.
    Is this for real?
    By the way, I only plan to use it for the same as cash specials they have. Won't keep a revolving balance with that rate!!!

2. leeanninfl

leeanninfl Active Member

hey works for me, maybe i will go ahead and renew my sams membership this week. I heard the business line of credit was easy to get with them also with no personal guarantee, guess I should get my acct set up with them. Will be great to have at least one good account showing on those dang reports.
    Leeann

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It's a good thought, but business lines of credit don't report on personal credit reports unless the account is in default.

4. mbelden

mbelden Member

Being nosy ...

How long ago was your BK discharged? We just got our discharge last month. I am always looking for info on people who are rebuilding their credit after bk.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When my wife added me to her BUSINESS SAMS CARD...they asked her if she wanted a "ALREADY-APPROVED" SAMS CREDIT ACCOUNT ATTACHED TO HER MEMBERSHIP CARD TOO...

She said NO...she uses the GIFT CARD I gave her...UNITED and/or DELTA MILES loaded at WAL*MART!!!

6. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

My BK is approaching the 7 year mark. Still a long 3 years ahead of me.
    I have not been nearly as fortunate as some of the others on this board in acquiring new credit. You are fortunate that you have access to this information so soon. I wish I had. Mind you, I still have all my negatives. I was never successful in having my bk or the related negatives removed. I was very very careful not to get any new negatives though.

I'm still not too sure about this Sams Card. I ran my credit report figuring I would see at least a soft inquiry from them but there wasn't. I looked over there membership application and it doesn't ask for a social security number anywhere so I can't imagine how they issued this to me. Or if they are going to revoke it when they find out