FICO Stimulator err Simulator...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 7, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

I went on to www.myfico.com and looked at my bureau. On this site it has a Fico simulator. Basically it calculates what range your score would be in if you payed your bills on time for the next 1,3 or 6 months.

My score through Equifax is a dismal 538. I am cautious to believe the Simulators prediction/calculation that if I made my payments on time for the next 1 month I would be in the range of 578-618.

3 months, the same. 6 months 588-622.

Does anyone here have any experience with myfico's fico simulator with your own scores? Is it accurate? Or is it BS?

Stimulated,

SnakeMan

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have 25+ years of PERFECT payment history...

They "STIMULATOR" doesn't do anything for me...

3. snakeman

Ummm.....ok?

George,

Congratulations on your 25+ years of perfect credit history. Do you visit this forum often? If you have perfect credit then I suppose you do not need any advice huh?

If this is the case I guess I don't understand why you responded to my post. Do you often respond to posts here? If you do is your response usually citing your 25+ years of perfect credit history?

Before hearing from you today, I was under the impression that this forum was for credit eduacation. I guess it is obvious that you know everything you need to know about credit huh?

Blinded by the glow of George,

SnakeMan

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: FICO Stimulator err Simulator...

HUHHH????

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Anybody care to TRANSLATE FOR ME???

6. snakeman

I would translate.....

But then I would be banned.

At a middle score of 550, I can't afford that right now. Check back with me in a year.

SnakeMan

7. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

Snakeman: Meet George.

He is our resident "perfect-credit-complainer". There is a special line of code in the Score Generating software that takes off Points simply because he is george. Its called
    "UGYF"

He has a great sense of humor, get used to it :)

anyway, he is saying that "no, the simulator is innacurate".

8. snakeman

Re: Re: Re: FICO Stimulator err Simulator...

LOL.......I got nothing !

Terrific follow up Nestea! I thank-you for the smile and chuckle you made me get. I should try to smile and laugh a little more these days.

LOL,

SnakeMan

P.S. I accept you for who you are George!

9. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

You have to excuse George. He has 25 years of perfect credit, a 6 figure credit line and less than 10% utilization, and a FICO of the low 700's. Whenever he pays down his debt, his score goes down. Whenever he doesn't pay down his debt, his score goes down. Whenever he closes a credit line, his score goes down. Whenever he opens a credit line, his score goes down. Whenever he eats Shredded Wheat for breakfast, his score goes down.

FICO's algorithm has one set of rules for all of us with crap credit and another for George. It's called Unless You Are George Factor (UYGF).

The FICO simulator says your score will go up if you pay your bills on time, UYGF.

The FICO simulator says your score will go up when you pay down your debt, UYGF.

The FICO simulator says your score will go up if the CA's and Subprime lenders drop off your file and are replaced with prime lenders, UYGF.

The FICO simulator says your score will go up if you refrain from applying for credit, UYGF.

The FICO simulator says your score will go up......well you get the idea, UYGF.

10. snakeman

LOL....wow, I am sooo glad I know what "UYGF" means now.

I'm glad I waited to find out before taking a stab at it!

I like what you say "UYGF" stands for better than what I thought "UYGF" stood for.

Ahhhh........goodtimes.

SnakeMan

11. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Something I discovered - I had a Beneficial account that was 120 days late when I started here. They offered me a new loan at 4.9 to assist me in getting caught up. (Saved me about $700 in immediate cash, and ALOT in interest). Well, I had a brain fart, and didn't negotiate how the old TL would report. So it reported -0- balance 120 days late (R5). FICO assumed it was still past due! When I FINALLY got that removed I eeked over the 600 mark.

Do you have any TL's like that?