Obtaining my Credit Reports

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 8, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

On the phone with Experian 1-800-583-4080, the automated recording gives me the option to say that I suspect fraud.

If I was to follow that link and continue, it said that I would receive a complimentary report and they recommended to delete any old addresses or telephone numbers.

It also mentioned it would share this information with the other two CRA's and that they would send me a free report by mail.

I was trying to get my old addresses removed but the only reports I have is through www.truecredit.com

These reports don't include "report numbers", so I guess in order to continue and talk to a real person I must have all 3 reports directly from the 3 CRA's?

If not, does anyone here know the numbers to get through to a real person or maybe what buttons to press or not press?

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Do not even hint at the F word near a CRA!!!!! They will lock your reports down and make life HELL.

I can't remember how I get thru to a person at Experian, but have you tried continually hitting 0?