Sending ltr to CRA, is this good?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KeepSmilin, Sep 8, 2003.

1. KeepSmilin

KeepSmilin Member

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I've also posted another letter for review from all of you wonderful experts!

This one I want to send to each CRA along with a copy of the page from the cred rpt that shows that Verizon was once a $0 balance (pd it in 1997/can't find my proof tho') and now on the most recent copy of the bureau, it's showing a $52 balance.

Is this worded properly? Any suggestions?

my name
    xxx
    xxx

Equifax
    PO Box 105518
    Atlanta, GA 30348

September 7, 2003

Dear Equifax:

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate credit information on my credit bureau.

I am very distressed that you have included the below information in my credit profile due to its damaging effects on my good credit standing. As you are no doubt aware, credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only accurate credit information. No doubt the inclusion of this inaccurate information is a mistake on either your or the reporting creditorâ??s part.

With the proof I am attaching to this letter, I am sure youâ??ll agree it needs to be removed as soon as possible.

The following information therefore needs to be verified and deleted from the report as soon as possible.

Creditor: Airtouch (aka Verizon) Account#xxxxxxx â?? I have never had an account with a balance of $52.00

Please delete the above information as quickly as possible. Under federal law, you have thirty (30) days to complete your investigation. Be advised that the description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information is hereby requested as well, to be provided within 15 days of the completion of your investigation.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx
    Enclosure: Copy of tradeline from credit bureau dated 11/29/02

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't send the old report. They might just change it back to a -0- balance. The letter itself is fine.