target guest card -easy to get?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holis, Sep 17, 2003.

1. holis

holis Well-Known Member

I keep reading about so many people here with Target guest cards and was wondering if they are easy to get? my scores are in the 550 range.

2. annie

annie Well-Known Member

Do the Sam trick and place everything negative in dispute and then wait 2-3 days and apply. then apply. You will get a small limit, but it will be a start.

3. amdforever

amdforever Member

A 550 will not get you approved.

I work for Target.

Sorry....

4. jds71

jds71 Well-Known Member

What is the aprx range for approval?

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

My guest is somwhere in the low 600s.

I was approved for a Target Guest Card ($200 CL) during the 5th year of my bk-13. Don't remember what my FICO score was exactly but it was somewhere in the 620-630 range.

Best regards,
    Mirage

6. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Actually a 548 (per PG) got me approved!

7. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

just got my wife one yesterday..(PG) score was 624, $200 credit limit.

8. CAS2

CAS2 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what my credit score is as of this moment but my guess is around 600, and I just got approved for Target Guest Card with a $200 limit. I was turned down for the Target Visa though. :(

9. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

I had 730 at the time and they turned me down for the Visa card...they did give me the $300 guest card which collects dust.

10. CAS2

CAS2 Well-Known Member

So I'm assuming the Target Guest Card reports to all 3 credit bureaus? Let's hope me getting this card will actually benefit me!

Since my BK discharge on 6/03, I've been paying everything (car, student loans, Orchard CC, etc) on time or early even. I think my scores have improved but I don't know how much. I'm going to wait a bit longer before pulling them again.

Anyone have any insight on what I'm saying? Thanks!!

11. firstclass

firstclass Well-Known Member

I nerve shopped at target before I got my card they gave me a cl of $200 & I ran it up ever month then it when to $500 with out asking. Just got the card in Feb. Good Luck!

P.S I heard there is somebody on CN that had 550 & was approved.

12. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

CAS2, at this point time and timely payments is the best tactic. Don't sweat the Target Guest Card, just work on what you have.

Is yours a 7 or a 13? What did you file?

Best regards,
    Mirage

13. CAS2

CAS2 Well-Known Member

I filed Ch. 7 in March 03 and was discharged in June '03.

I just want the Target card to work FOR ME. I wouldn't have gotten it except for trying to boost my score even more.

14. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Look like the Target Guest card is bk-friendly.

Thanks for the info.

Best regards,
    Mirage

15. CAS2

CAS2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, looks like it.

GOod luck to all!

16. annie

annie Well-Known Member

My DH has a 700 score and the gave him a whooping $300 guest card. We will buy popcorn and slurpees once a month and pay it off. Just hope they will convert it to a visa after a few months.

17. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

Just applied and got turned for visa but got $300 on guest card. My Ch7 BK was 2 years ago. FICO/fakos on my sig. I was curious if I'd qualify for the visa and also looking for a "department" card if I didn't, for the "variety" that FICO seems to like.

18. CAS2

CAS2 Well-Known Member

That's really interesting. Why is the Target Visa so much more difficult to get? People will scores near 700 ought to be able to get it. Strange!

So does this mean department store cards are easier to get than bank cards? Please advise.

19. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I think Target is being cautious on the Visa. Just hope they will loosen up soon.

20. ef

ef Well-Known Member

I applied for a Target Visa at the store to get the 10% off -- at the time my scores were ~670-686 (FAKO) but I was only approved for the Target Guest. Got a $700 c/l.

I do use it on occasion, especially when I get the 10% off coupons.