Experian questions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShyGuy, Feb 5, 2001.

1. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

I just got my Experian report from my most recent round of reports, and I have some questions about the results.

1) On the first page, it says, "We have now verified all of the information regarding this account. If you still have a question about the account, you may wish to contact the credit grantor." Has anyone else seen this? (It's pretty interesting because there is still plenty of bad info.)

2) I have two listing for my Penney card -- one listed as installment, one as revolving. Because I don't remember ever using my card for an installment purchase, I'm pretty sure this is the result of my account have been "transferred" to Monogram when that bank took over Penney cards. Penney sent me two letters about the investigation -- one dated Jan. 21 saying it verified the info, one dated Jan. 24 saying it asked the CRAs to remove the tradeline. (I'm assuming the duplicate account.) Yet Experian says it verified both accounts (which have the same account number).

3) Under the reinvestigated items section at the front of the report, the real Penney account is listed as remains. The old account is listed as reviewed. What the heck does that mean?

The good news is this round produced two deletions and two updated (from collection or past due to discharged).

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I've had the same comment on every report that I disputed. Probably to cover thier butts on incomplete investigations withing the 30 day limit. (which we all know is always over the 30 days.) Time to send out another dispute my friend. Keep at them.
    I found that phone calls sometimes work better than letters. Reps will delete stuff on the spot. (like your duplicate Penneys acct.) And its a good time to ask if thier investigation is complete. You can dispute over the phone too.

3. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

I also had a similar responce to a dispute which was not mine, belonged to my ex.'s wife who happens to share the exact same name along with same address as my old one. but any way they sent me a letter saying contact creditor bunch of bull and run around but kept after c.r. and had it removed just keep it up there lazy.