NO STATUS...in dispute under FCRA?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by soup, Oct 14, 2003.

1. soup

soup Well-Known Member

That's what it says on my LAST collection on Experian, Equifax deleted and TransUnion is just stupid LOL Anyway, it's said that for no joke, about a year now, BUT no status is better than a collection, right? I don't want to kick myself by going about it the wrong way and I've taken such a LONG vacation from credit repair, any suggestions?

2. gagosila

gagosila Active Member

bump

3. gagosila

gagosila Active Member

I have the same issue with a CA and EX. Any threads out there that is similar to this?

EX shows NO STATUS. "Account in dispute under Fair Credit Billing Act" This item was verified and updated on 10-2003.

I believe that the CA then put the item in dispute if I am correct. However, no validation from the CA.

What would be the next step? Anyone? Helpful links in this board?

Thank you.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

5. nangirl6

nangirl6 Member

I have the exact notation on three accounts with EX. I called EX and spoke with a rep, but she said that she did not see "No Status" on my report. I told her that I had the report in front of me and that's what it said. We went back and forth and still I have not idea what "No Status" means.

6. tboy74

tboy74 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: NO STATUS...in dispute under FCRA?

I also have a No Status on one of my collection accounts listed on EXPERIAN.

I know they can't list the TL on a CR if you have asked for validation and they have not provided it. But if they list it, then you ask for validation, at what point must the legally remove it if they have not provided the validation? I believe from what I have read that after 30 days they must remove the TL -- but is that correct?

Does not removing the TL, which keeps a TL active, constitute collection activity?

tboy

7. tboy74

tboy74 Well-Known Member

bump

8. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

I have two of those just this month too!

I already mailed supporting docs to show they are to be deleted. I hope that EX quits their mind games.

SnakeMan

9. gagosila

gagosila Active Member

Re: Re: NO STATUS...in dispute unde

Any replies to tboy74's question?

Does this mean continued collection activity since no validation from CA and TL still listed even if item is noted to be NO STATUS, and item in dispute as per FCBA.

I just don't want to rush into estoppel and suing CA..I would like to get this done correctly...

How long could item really be noted as "IN DISPUTE" if this is at all legal?

Snakeman, what docs are you sending the CRAs to get this deleted?

Thank you.

10. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

The letter I requested the CA or OC send to me by mail or fax. This letter is on their letter head stating that they have requested deletion of the account/s.

By doing this, the CRA's will update in 3-5 days versus 30 days through a dispute. I have done this both during and after an investigation. If it was after they noted the letter and the item was removed in a matter of a few days. If it was during the investigation, they still did the same thing. For me anyway...

SnakeMan

11. gagosila

gagosila Active Member

OK Snakeman, so for your case CA or OC has already informed you of their intention to delete the TL...

In my case for now, no validation still from CA although TL is now in dispute. I guess I still have to bug the CA to delete the item since they can't still prove that the account is mine.

Then I still have to send them the next letter....although which letter is it going to be? Estoppel or another demand for validation or deletion?

Thanks