Citi Cash Advances (Never again!)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fungifish, Oct 14, 2003.

1. fungifish

fungifish Member

I lost my ATM cards could not access my branch over the weekend so I decided to use my Credit cards to get a cash advance.

Never again!

To my horror, the payment I made to citi only covered the balance I carried forward but not the cash advance, which is calculated at 19.99%.

2. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Yep, and probably the worst way to get money. One thing is actually worse...pay day loans!

3. mselfemps

mselfemps Member

Att universal (this is a citi card so it should work )

They recently dropped my rate to 8.99. But there was some cash advance still at 19.99.
    The automatic payments have a formula they use to apply payments to cash and purchases.

The rep told me where to send a payment and how to code the check so more was paid. It had to be sent to a special handling department so an actual person entered the check information and coded on the check how much of the payment was to go to purchase balance and how much to cash advance balance. She said use P= and C= on the memo portion of the check.

If you do the cash advance balance, she said to make sure it also covers the finance charge on the cash balance.

Have not tried it yet to know if it will actually work since I pay online, but I will next month to get rid of the cash balance.

4. fungifish

fungifish Member

Do you have the address to send the payment to? - Or should I send it to the regular vanilla Citicard payment center?

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEVER do a CASH ADVANCE unless the rate is UNDER 10%...and then only in an emergency

6. mselfemps

mselfemps Member

The address they gave me was to add

ATTN Exception Payment Processing

The po box was different than the regular payment address in The Lakes NV. They gave me

PO box 6005
    The Lakes NV 89163

The normal payment address

p o box 6910
    the lakes nv 88901

Again, this was att universal which is done by citi

I guess you can call and ask where to send "exception payment processing"

7. fungifish

fungifish Member

Worked like a charm . Thank you.