capitol one

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by attempt, Nov 13, 2003.

1. attempt

attempt Active Member

Ok there is a Capitol One account on my bureaus. This account was in the hands of the Law Offices of Gerald Moore & assoc. (they were not on the bureau) I sent validation letter to Gerald Moore,
    During the 30 days i alloted them for a response , I received a collection letter and a collection call.
    Of course I called them back and reminded them that during this dispute they are to make no collection attempts. They said Oh we never got your letter. I said hmm seems pretty funny that it was sent certified and signed and dated. They were like OH! i faxed them a copy of the letter and the green card as well as a second letter. and then mailed the second letter certified I heard nothing more from them at all. Next thing you know I get 2 letters a few weeks apart from Capitol One.
    Both were settlement letters.
    Well today i get a call from a CA, i was unsure who they were or what they wanted.
    Capitol One has turned this debt over to another company called Law Offices of Mitchell Kay located in NY. I told them i was unsure of this debt and they tried to coax me into giving up personal inforamtion. I advised them that this debt is being disputed with another company that has the debt they said that they just aquired it from Capitol One.
    Is this not bull$**t or what!!!
    Does anyone know anything about these people or what i should do?

2. dixidriftr

dixidriftr Well-Known Member

Are you SOL?

Having the account turned over to the Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay is a good thing if your not.

Per Bud Hibbs website:

http://www.budhibbs.com/budhibbs/agencydetails.asp?ID=60

Bud Says...
    Lawyer Mitch Kay is also involved with Plaza Associates and MKM Acquisitions. His organizations have a bad reputation for FDCPA and FCRA violations. They hire under-trained semi-desperate collectors who are hell-bent on a paycheck at any cost. I suggest that you give them the boot via the FREE cease-comm letter. You need not worry about their threats of a lawsuit, Kay likely hasn't seen a court-room since law school.

If Mitchell N. Kay say they own the account, and the other trys anything, you can play them off each other.

3. attempt

attempt Active Member

what is SOL? $hit outta luck?
    I will send this letter to these people, thanks for your response to my inquiry :)

4. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

sol - statue of limitations - if you are seriously asking