DENIED for Walmart card..question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ACX, Jan 22, 2004.

1. ACX

ACX Well-Known Member

So I go into Walmart today thinking that with my 614 FICO I should be able to get this card, right? Wrong! I just dont understand it. I've been working so hard to fix my credit, and I payed everything perfectly in 2003 with zero lates. I have no collections, chargeoffs, or anything besides many lates from almost 2 years ago. Does anyone know if calling them and having a live person look it over would help change their mind?

*Also, my g/f applies at the same time. She has spotless credit and a 680ish FICO, and only received a $400 limit. The card isnt so great, but I still want it.

2. ACX

ACX Well-Known Member

bump

3. Denny

Denny Well-Known Member

Which CRA they pulled and what was their reason for denial?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

why would a 680 fico person waste an inquiry on $400 limit?

that will do more harm (low limit/new account/inquiry) on her score than good.

:(

5. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

I believe this is the store card, and although they will raise your credit sometimes 3 times a year, since its only for Walmart purchases and not a mc/visa, they think how much do you really need for Walmart purchases.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WAL*MART and SAMS only...

I did get a CLI every 3 months...ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL...SOMETIMES IT IS AUTOMATIC...

CLI IS 100% BY PAYMENT HISTORY...

MCCBG

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST CALLED GOT A CLI...SHE ASKED ME HOW MUCH...I just said + $275...DONE DEAL...ANYTHING ELSE???

HAD $X,225...I NEEDED TO GET THAT _25 GONE (ROUND IT)

8. paw67

paw67 Well-Known Member

Don't feel to bad. I applied and was approved for a pathetic limit of $75. Yes, that was seventy five dollars. My score was around 640 and they pulled EQ which has 1 neg item reporting but balances are a bit high right now. I have 2 other cards through MCCBG with much better limits so I'm not sure why this came in so low.

paw67

9. ACX

ACX Well-Known Member

They pulled equifax and I have no negative items on my report in the last year and a half. It doesnt make much sense considering I have their competitor Target's guest card and have never been late with them. I shop at Target exclusively because of the convenience of having the card. Walmart is missing the boat on this one......