need help fast!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by epdilla02, Feb 14, 2004.

1. epdilla02

epdilla02 Well-Known Member

from shawbee
    Are her scores before or after the Providian balance hit her report. You can expect a 20 pt drop just from having any one card over 50% of the the cl. Fico hates that. With one card really that can hurt you because overall utilization will also be high. Try to get that card under 50% as soon as possible. If the balance has not hit you report I would suggest you immediately apply for a new card. Try one of the beginner citi cards and then when you activate the card they will let you trade to another usually. Others here can tell you what is the easiest citi card to get. Good luck.

shawbee has been helping me get started. we have to apply with my wife's info for a new card. we recently transferred her student loan onto a new Providian Platinum card with 0% for 6 months. however, it is just over 50% utilization. it is NOT on her revolving accounts yet.

does anyone know which is the easiest Prime card to get?

her scores are:

EQ:735
    EX: 729
    TU: 730

no lates or collections at all.

3 revolving accounts

thanks in advance,

dilla

2. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

Try GM card and Corvette. They always pull eq and are usually completely score driven. HH is not my favorite but you will get 0% for 6 and 9mos respectively, they are rewards cards, and have relatively good cs. Also if you apply at same time only 1 inq results and its 50/50 instant decision.