help Iam new: not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by wrkout, Mar 18, 2004.

1. wrkout

wrkout Member

I have about 15000 in cc debt and I need help to get rid of it. I am applying for a loan because I don;t want to do bankruptcy. I am scared that my credit history is bad i haven't checked into it because i think to many hits on the report hurts me. i also don't know how to go about doing it. ON line or Mail. Who do I contact. If I do have a bad history how do i clean it up. I need to work now before I go nuts. I am so scared but want to work hard to get rid of it. The things that would be on the credit report is late payments on the credit cards but a good record for all of my other bills (etc. Mortgage,car paymts)
    help

2. 3dayevntr

3dayevntr Well-Known Member

Go and get copies of all three of your credit reports from Transunion, Experian, and Equifax. Obtaining copies of your own credit report does not cause you ta have a "hard" inquiry on your CR and will not harm your credit in any way. This is the only way you are going to know what is going on with your situation. You can obtain them online. Depending on what state you are in, the fees vary. You may even be able to get a free copy in certain situations.

You can obtain copies of all three for 10.36 each through www.myfico.com by using "myfico20" in the promotional code area. Or go to the CRAs site, for example www.experian.com and obtain your CR from them directly. Usually the CR obtained directly from the CRAs are best as they should report the Date of LAst activity for your accounts. Also, if you are in a state where you are legally allowed to obtain a free copy of your report, you can opt for that allowance and save some moola. :)~.

In the meantime, read,read, read and read some more.

3day

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Especially these
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...000&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&pagenumber=

INTRO: CreditNet Testimonials! Butch 54 3325 03.07.2004 @ 13:55

INTRO: Unofficial CreditNet Board FAQ Nave 44 25791 02.09.2004 @ 11:41

INTRO: Creditnet Glossary richard612 140 21848 01.23.2004 @ 18:36

INTRO: PsychDoc's Credit Repair Primer PsychDoc 50 27650 12.16.2003 @ 18:40

FIND OUT: Which CRA is pulled? PsychDoc 29 11509 09.13.2003 @ 08:39

MUST-READ: "Hall of Fame" Postings

><- <>- ><- <> ~~~ ><- <>- ><- <> ><- <>- ><- <> ~~~ ><- <>- ><- <>