i5 vs. i9 on Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Feb 25, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I have three negative accounts on Equifax. Two are listed as i5 and the other one is i9. The i9 is going to fall off in Sept but the other two have 2-4 years to go. How much will my score go up without the i9. And how bad are i5 both are listed as paid collections. I know Equifax gives out the explanations with a report but I do not have that with me and I would like your real opinions. Thanks

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think the I5 will keep you from getting any prime cards like AMEX. It is recognized as a serious delinquency and that is enough to generate a computer denial. I think you should concentrate on increasing your scores. For cards that only want a certain score you can slip by that and get a better card.

Someone said here that AMEX wanted 680. I dont know about that but once I reach that I will give it a try. But truly your I5 which I am assuming is your student loans because I am in the same situation with Citibank student loans, will not keep you from getting car loan, or mortgage once your scores climb. The only thing you have to worry about is the 'big time' credit cards.

roni

3. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I had one an error on my report, which happened to be someone elses collection.. It took about a year, and several letters, to have it removed.. It pissed me off, as it was not my mark.. I was always wondering why Amex turned me down... I have excellent credit, and wondered what was happening... After the mark was removed, the Amex was approved... Very interesting...