question about citi platinum select

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bopem, Apr 17, 2004.

1. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

I just applied for a Citi Plat. Select card online. I got the "we will be in touch with you etc." response. My scores are 657 TU (all clean, except for one 60 day-late student loan from about 6 years ago, its been perfect since) and 684 EQ (clean except for 2 paid collection student loans, also from around 6 years ago). The scores are from myfico. I also have 2 CC accounts that are about 2 years old, both perfect and never late. And a car loan, also perfect and never late. Not sure about my EXP score, but i know that its the worst of the three. My questions are:

1) Am I screwed?
    2) I'm in Ohio. What does Citi pull here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

2. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

bump

3. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Citibank concerns itself more with what's actually on the report than your FICO score when reviewing an application.

Probably could go either way with you (approve or decline)

4. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

Everything else, besides what I mentioned above, is clean, just student loans that are not in repayment. Do you know what they pull in Ohio?

5. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Don't know what they pull in Ohio, but you should check http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/whopulledmycredit to find out trends

Looks like you might get approved, scores look OK, but as was mentioned, that means lilttle. Profitability with Citi is important.

6. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

Thanks. It looks like they're going to pull either TU or EQ.

7. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

I called this morning to check the status, the lady said I was declined due to 1) not enough credit cards and 2) a recently opened revolving account. They pulled TU on the same day that I pulled TU, so we have the same copy of my report. I have no recently opened revolving accounts. They must be referring to a student loan taken in January, which is not in repayment, nor is it a revolving account. This is the only recently opened account that I have. I think that maybe they've made a mistake somewhere in my credit review. I immediately sent them a letter asking for reconsideration. We'll see what happens. If anything, the Citibank ladies that I talked to this morning were very nice and cooperative.

8. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

bump

9. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

If they don't reply to your letter, try requesting reconsideration on PlanetFeedback.

10. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

I live in Ohio...Citi pulls TU. Hope this helps!

11. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Oops. I guess you already knew that. :)

12. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

haha...thanks! I faxed them a letter this morning to the number that the lady gave me. She said to check back in a 24-48 hours. Honestly, she was the nicest customer service lady ever. I was shocked.

13. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

Still declined. And the lady I talked to this time wasn't that nice. She also gave me the same reasons as before. It makes me think that they didn't even read my letter. I'm gonna try PFB as a last resort.

14. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

bump

15. bopem

bopem Well-Known Member

Still no go. Then I realized something. I am a part-time student, and I can still qualify for a decent student card. So I applied for the Chase Student Platinum Card. I checked the webstie 2 days later and was approved with a $1500 cl. It's definitely a start. 2 years ago, I wouldn't have even qualified for this card (all I could get back then was First Premier card, ewwww). So in conclusion, thank you Chase, up yours Citi...

P.S. When I found this site back in 2002, my scores were all in the 500's. Now they're in the upper 600's
    (except Experian, the last time I checked, my EXP FAKO was 647). I owe it all to the help I received from the people on this board. I thank you all...