Afni/anderson Fin Network I

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MannyL, Aug 18, 2004.

1. MannyL

MannyL Well-Known Member

I've been paying AFI for a debt that I disputed. I agree I had the account with Cingular but that they did not cancel when I asked them to. Before I came across this site they made me an offer that was easy to accept. After paying them $375.00 they would reage the account making it current. I now know this doesn't help me with the charge off from Cingular, but here is my problem.

When I pulled my report on the 17th AFNI showed only under Equifax with the following info

Acct Type: Open Account
    Acct Status: Open
    Monthly Payment: $0
    Date Open: N/A
    Balance: $314
    Terms: N/A
    High Balance: $390
    Limit: N/A
    Past Due: $314
    Remarks: COLLECTION ACCOUNT
    Payment Status: At least 120 days or
    more than four payments past due

and in the history field it had OK from 8/2003 to 8/2004

Experian and Transuin had different balances and both were marked as charge off. How can it be a charge off in 7/03 7/04 and 8/04 when they show in the other CRA that I was current then or am I misunderstand all this?

Neanwhile my Credit Scores have improved since two days ago and I'm not sure why.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

2. MannyL

MannyL Well-Known Member

bump

3. billpayer

billpayer Member

You say you've been paying AFNI? Which bank do they use to process your payments to them?

4. MannyL

MannyL Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Afni/anderson Fin Network I

The checks were taken directly out of my checking acount. I was able to go back and see just two of the checks, One for 75.00 and the other for 45.46 . They will send me a letter later this month that shows I have paid in full. Should I send that to the CRA's?

5. bienvenido

bienvenido New Member

I received a letter from my bank; The Bureau Monitoring Report indicated under Experian that I owe $245.00. I contacted AFNI to find out about this bill. They said that was from Verizon from 1997. I called Verizon after got several phone numbers to call certain departments. I told them that have not received bills from Verizon for many years and have not used any of their services for years. The agent on Verizon old credit dept. set a teleconference with AFNI agent to send me the information concerns this bill which had told AFNI to send before. Now I get another Bureau Report that under Equifax there is a dispute from AFNI for $245.00. I donâ??t what to think about AFNI and Verizon which believe both are crooks, help! still waiting for source of the bill from AFNI...