Judgment Vacated! Now what?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tix, Aug 24, 2004.

1. tix

tix Well-Known Member

Last Friday I had a satisfied judgment vacated. Now what? I sent a certified copy of the order to vacate to all of the CRA's. In my letter I told them they have 5 days to remove the Trade Line. Is this correct? Will they just change the listing to "vacated" instead of "satisfied"?

I have been working on this off and on for a year, and it feels great to get this off my reports.

Does anyone know how many fico points it will be worth?

My Equifax score is 606 with 90% utilization. Simulator says paying down balances over next 2 years will bring it to 726-766. That is with the judgment included. What should I expect with out the judgment listed?

Thanks!
    tix

2. furtik

furtik Well-Known Member

I may be wrong saying this but doesn't sending the CRAs certified paperwork just ensured you will not ever get those tradelines deleted? The same applies to sending them proof of bankruptcy.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

A vacated judgment is proof that there wasn't.any judgment.

That's different than BK

4. soup

soup Well-Known Member

I agree w/ the poster above, never send anything to the CRA's........especially legal paperwork.....did you read any of the top sticky threads? You many have just bit yourself in the butt w/ deletion, which is what you really want....maybe someone can offer some real advice on where to go from here....

5. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Judgment Vacated! Now what?

My bad....I was thinking BK as well........"appologies"

6. ca0me15

ca0me15 Banned

--Paranoia abounds!

--YOU CANNOT "Self validate"

--IN A DISPUTE, the reporting agency HAS TO CONTACT THE FURNISHER OF INFORMATION, NOT THE CONSUMER!

--IF THEY FAIL TO CONTACT THE FURNISHER, THEY HAVE NOT CONDUCTED A REASONABLE INVESTIGATION AND THEREFORE ARE LIABLE UNDER FCRA 623 (b)

--A judgment is listed either as outstanding or satisfied on a credit report. There is no such listing as "vacated" on a credit report.

--Sending a copy of the vacated judgment is almost required.

--Dont get caught up in the paranoia. Has anyone EVER self validated anything???

7. BurnIt

BurnIt Well-Known Member

Just dispute with all 3 CRA.

Since vacate means it was not a real judgment, there is nothing to verify. It won't be there to verify.

If it comes back verified within days, they didn't bother to verify.

I had a judgment once that I disputed. 2 took them off immediately. I had to call TU and tell them they couldn't possibly verify since it wasn't mine. BE NICE when you call. If you get someone with an attitude that answers, hang up. Call again. Most of my issues were removed by talking nice to "old" csr at the CRA. Don't flame me, it worked. I even had a nice older lady at TU give me my score over the phone. If you are nice, they are nice. Good Luck!

8. tix

tix Well-Known Member

Once the CRA's receive proof that the judgment was vacated, is it true the have to remove it within 5 days?

tix

9. inneedofhe

inneedofhe Member

Help!

How did you get the judgment vacated in teh first place????

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

This thread is over four years old. I doubt that any of the posters are still around.

You'll do better to start a new thread with your particular situation. Things change a lot in four years.