CA contact info

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by agentsmith, Aug 11, 2005.

1. agentsmith

agentsmith Member

i've obtained my experian creditexpert CR and am ready to write the VL's. the CA names are incomplete and many of the account numbers have are filled with "X's".

what to do?

2. JohnA

JohnA Well-Known Member

Are you located in a part of the country where the free credit reports have already rolled out?

Obtaining the free credit reports may be a more advantageous route and those would have all the info, including addresses and account numbers.

3. ontrack

ontrack Well-Known Member

When you request paper reports directly from the CRAs, (and possibly the free annual report site) you are supposed to be able to optionally specify partial acount information. The PDF form on the FTC site for the free annual reports had a box for this, so presumably you could get it either way.

Were these reports from credit monitoring services, or on-line reports?

4. ontrack

ontrack Well-Known Member

5. agentsmith

agentsmith Member

thanks ONTRACK for the good advice. the CR that i was looking at was 3in1 from experian without the full account numbers. per your suggestion i went to the free CR website, in wrong part of country, snail-mailed form and have recv'd my reports.

am not sure where now to go but am working on my next email with questions. it will be time for school before i know it.

thanks again.