Questions of stratagy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dkorshak, Sep 9, 2005.

1. dkorshak

dkorshak New Member

Hay All, as this is my first posting I will apologize in advance for its length and any irrelevant content it may contain. I have been working on my credit reports for the last couple of months with what can only be described as beginners luck. Having just recently found this site and spending a considerable time reading its context to find all of my mistakes. I have utilized the basic strategies found on the boards such as ca validations and cra challenges that have managed to remove most negative items on my three reports. The remaining 4 or 5 items are what has prompted this posting. As my original reports started with up to 15 negative items this could have been far worse. So in detail (below) I am fighting the remaining 2 original creditors as well as 2 listing from assest assistance that I stupidly paid with out negotiating their reporting on my cra reports. So here it is and what has been done;

Capital â?? One, Charge off, Past SOL, Amt$1450, has at different times been set collection co.(ca no longer on reports) , no current collection efforts

Actions performed;

Reported To CRA as â??not mineâ? (CRA results sent as Remainsâ?)

CRA sent request for procedures letter (awaiting results)

Verification letter sent to Cap1 (awaiting results)

Question 1) Have read on this board that cap1 is notorious for not responding to verification letters and would appreciate any suggestions of what to do next.

Merrick Bank, Charge off, Past SOL, Amt$1900, has at different times been sent to collection co. (ca no longer on reports), no current collection efforts

Actions performed; Reported To CRA as â??not mineâ? (CRA results sent as Remainsâ?)

CRA sent request for procedures letter (awaiting results)

Verification letter sent to Merrick (See Below)

Question 2) Merrick bank has just responded with two letters (same envelope, date, ect) one saying that â??Your request has been researched and determined that reporting is correct and will continued unchanged. The second letter states that your request for a copy of your credit application cannot be sent until you fill out the form provided and return to the bank. The information that Merrick is requesting is Name, address, telephone, city/state (all the same as on their letter to me), DOB and Social Security number and my signature, as well as the â??I herby certify the information provided is true and accurateâ? Further stated is that any missing information, including your signature, will delay fulfillment of your request. My question would be is this a oc tactic and what I should do about it.

The Reaming Negative items are pretty much the same and are only on my report due to my own ignorance. All are paid collections, 0 balance, Past SOL and reported as â??Paid Collectionâ?

Actions performed; E-stopple type letter sent stating the obvious â??your Professionals and Iâ??m a idiot and you took advantage of me type letterâ?. (awaiting results from 1, other replied that we are reporting as â??paid Collectionâ?)

Replied to their response with follow-up letter restating the same type of issues and adding things like â??I dealt with you in good faith (Donâ??t laugh, please), you where unlicensed in my state, I wasnâ??t sure it was my debt ect, ect and you still screwed me. (awaiting response)

Presently I have not challenged these accounts with cra but have in the past.

Question 3) What is the best tactic to apply to this scenario? I am hesitant to continue the challenge the craâ??s route as I am already starting to feel the heat of frivolous and guarded responses.

Thanking everyone in advance as regardless of responses to this post, this forum is a formidable tool and manages to prove that there are people in this world that go out of their way to help others and require nothing in return.