Cell Bill - OC Cant find Account!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TVercetti, Sep 10, 2005.

1. TVercetti

TVercetti Well-Known Member

I have an account with a CA for a bill that was originally from one cell phone company that was bought by another.

I got the phone through ATT Wireless's website. It is reported as a Cingular account in collections.

I sent the 'debt verification letter' to the CA last month (30 days Monday) and I also wrote a letter to the head of Cingular's Customer Service asking to verify.

I have heard NOTHING from the CA.

I got a letter from an actual person (not form) at Cingular saying my account information/phone number can not be located along with a telephone number and email address to contact this person to resolve the matter.

It was a very non-threatning letter and I think they may just be confused. Not sure though.

I am not sure what to do and need advice before replying to anyone.

I am planning on sending the second letter to the CA asking for verification in 14 days or delete along with copies of original mailing, etc...

I doubt that will work, but I'm thinking there may be a chance to get a delete from Cingular (I'm willing to pay the debt if they can prove I owe it).

It seems like I got lost in the shuffle of a Corporate merger.

Any advice???