Be Aware Of Legacy Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by amyl, Aug 16, 2006.

1. amyl

amyl Member

This Company is a credit card co that offers to rebuild your credit. You send in the $14 processing fee and then you get the cc with a $250 limit. One of my co workers said she had this cc and that she had nothing but good things to say about it (needless to say she quit her job and come to find out has done this to several people).

All the info she gave me about this company seemed to check out. I sent in the processing info with a money order (always safe) in July and had never received the cc. I called the # that was on my application and it's disconnected.

When I called the other # on the application that I originally spoke with someone..it's disconnected too. I researched the phone # on the internet and found them on RIPOFF report (apparently they changed their # and name from the last time they had been reported).

I finally spoke with someone today and they said that today is when all my inof was inputed to the system and that my cc was going to be sent out tomorrow. The person I was speaking to was very nice and I gained report when speaking with at first before I told him I wanted to cncl and what the problem is. He did cncl my accnt..I got a conf#...i taped the conversation..got his name and ext#..got the name of the business that would be on my credit report in case they reported wrng# and my accnt#.

In case anyone should get any info from this CO throw it away!

2. ArmondoNLA

ArmondoNLA Well-Known Member

Good lookin out, and I'm glad this seemed to work out in a way, and ya, keep ALL that info you have, and to be safe, I'd try to find a way to get an address to write to them to follow up with a letter that ya cancelled :)

3. amyl

amyl Member

Thank you. I just wanted to put it out there to have others on the "ook out"

4. Logan Abbott

Logan Abbott Well-Known Member

5. mijd

mijd Well-Known Member

Wow, could it be that your offer from Legacy was a scam? I've been with them for over a year now and like your friend have nothing but good things to say about them. Unless they changed their policy, I never paid that processing fee that I can remember and unlike other CCs offered for rebuilding credit, their was never a the monthly maintainence fee. The only draw back that I can see is their high interest rate.....but that is understood with a BK friendly CC. I never carry a balance on this card. Also my initial credit limit was $300, then $600, now it is up to $1100. I've called them twice with questions and always spoke with courteous CR's. Their website is easy to understand their monthly statements are easy to read also.
    I still think your app was a scam.

6. Logan Abbott

That's good to hear. Just curious, any fees for the credit line increase? I know some unsecured credit cards for bad or no credit do this, and the fee is buried in the fine print.

7. mijd

mijd Well-Known Member

I was never charged a fee for any credit line increase. I received offer letters (valid for 30 days) for both increases. With the 2nd letter a month or so back I was able to request an increase online on my acct page. Their response was instantaneous.

After my reply to this thread I noticed it was started years ago. Opps.

8. Logan Abbott

OK cool thanks for the info mijd.