Account in Dispute/Meets FCRA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 720mstry, Apr 2, 2007.

1. 720mstry

720mstry Well-Known Member

What does this mean when on the credit report it shows Account disputed by Consumer, Meets the requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act/
    Exp report I just rec'vd in the mail today.

Am I able to dispute again? I'm concerned that it will just come back as previously verified. Thoughts, suggestions..... HELP

2. bizwiz41

bizwiz41 Well-Known Member

The notation means the data furnisher is following the requirements of the FCRA, and noting the account "disputed by consumer", they are adding the tag that they have investigated, and feel it is complient with the requirements of the FCRA.

To dispute this account again, you will have to find another "error" to dispute it on, and most likely need some evidence/documentation to back it up.

3. BellaRuss

BellaRuss Well-Known Member

Federal Law allows you to request information on your credit report be investigated, then reinvestigated, a procedural request provided (aka PR), and many other things. However, just because an online dispute system which is offered by EXP will not " allow " you to request a reinvestigation does not mean you cannot legally do so via the US Mails.

So send a letter to EXP and demand they " reinvestigate " the account. They are famous for sending a response to this letter which says the account was " previously investigated ", but then you have to

By the way, keep your dispute letters simple. Use the words reinvestigate and inaccurate, and their computer scanning software will likely pick up the words and do the reinvestigation.