Please Help...Next Step (TransU)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jia-li, Jun 11, 2007.

1. jia-li

jia-li Well-Known Member

Hello

I just wanted to know if Im being out of line or acting within my rights here.

On April 23rd, I sent a dispute to TransUnion with regards to several errors that were on my report. I did this online.

Shortly after doing the dispute, I received an email stating that there was an error and that I need to try and dispute the items again.

On April 25th, I went through and disputed those same items and then shortly after disputing them online, contacted TransUnion and spoke with a representative to verify that the dispute went through and that the items in question were indeed going to be in process of correction.

Well, here it is June 11th and I havent received an email notification, letter or ANY type of update to my report.

So I called TU and spoke with a guy who was very rude...so much in fact that I had to ask to speak to his supervisor.

When I spoke with her, she told me something about them having 45 days to respond to any disputes. I informed her that even if this were true, they're still out of their 45 day realm and informed her that I have rights with regards to that.

We were on the phone almost an hour and nothing got resolved. She then told me "Oh well, we didnt start the dispute until May the 2nd, so technically we are still in the right window to send out a response to you."

I let her know that thats BS b/c I put the dispute in on the 25th of april and still have the email to prove it. I also was able to log onto TU's website and saw even THERE that the dispute was submitted on the 25th of April but shes tellng me something different.

I know that I have rights here.....can anyone please help me and tell me what I should do next??

Thank you