Help Please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bmcneilp, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bmcneilp

bmcneilp Member

I am being sued by a collection by a law firm...The first letter I received stated that I have 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt before I could send the validation a couple of days later I received a summons to appear in court suing for 1600 dollars. The card was only for 500 dollars I used it twice for gas and lost it. When I discovered it was missing I called the credit card company and told them about. They said they will close it down and send a new one. Never got the new one and they never closed it down. I told them I was not going to be sending any money in until the charges were taken off. They never did and I never send any money this was in 2004 didn't even have the card for two months. Now they want to collect on 1600dollars. When the credit card company sent it to collections, it was in 2007 and I sent them a validation letter never responded they sent me another letter I sent another validation letter never responded. Now I get a letter for the lawyer saying I have 30 to dispute the debt. Letter says Jan 22, 09 they postmark on the envelope was the Jan 27, 09 I got the summons on Feb 13, 09 not even 30 days yet. Just want to know what are my chances. What should I do.