CA Question...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by stableizin, Oct 22, 2009.

1. stableizin

stableizin Member

I there a way to send a check to a CA with the stipulation that if they cash it they agree to remove from my credit report? After trying verification and everything I can think off...I am left with no choice but to pay IF I can get it removed completely from my credit report.

2. creditsupp

creditsupp Well-Known Member

No that option will not work, however some collectors will issue a letter that they will remove the item from your report after paying...this is not a standard practice but depending on who is collecting it...it has happened

3. ccbob

ccbob Well-Known Member

Paying it is more likely to affix it permanently to your credit report. It'll be marked as paid, but it won't come off.

Legally, they can only remove the entry if it was placed there in error. If you can figure out a way to get them to believe that the entry is in error, you might have a chance.

The only other way I can think of is to dispute it through the CRA after geting them to promise to not respond to the CRA when they get the request for validation.

4. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

This statement is incorrect. Reporting is voluntary and can be removed at any time.