building business credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by hailisway, Jun 11, 2010.

1. hailisway

hailisway Member

ok, so i am trying to find out how you can build business credit in 2010 with no personal guarantee? ive read all the things people said from 9 years ago and i know from experience that things have changed.all info is welcomed. i have a llc business that has a duns number but no file with experian or equifax. i paid for the dnb credit builder and i have a listing with 411 and the whole shabang...still ive gotten turned down by staples, home depot, and sears. what other cards are available with no personal guarantee. and what about the small business grants?e those nonexistent?

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

I don't know of any way for a small business to borrow without a personal guarantee in the current lending environment. I work with a lot of different banks/credit unions, and my experience has always been the same. They want to see everything you've listed, but at the end of the day they still require the personal guarantee.

3. hailisway

hailisway Member

yeah thats what im getting...what about the other small store cards or vendors....any names you know of that dont require pg

4. JoshuaHeckathorn

Sorry, I haven't found any as of late.

Anyone else have something to add?

5. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I haven't had a business of my own for a decade, but I'm hearing pretty much the same as Joshua.

6. hailisway

hailisway Member

well i was able to secure a wright express, uline, and nebs account...also the fedex and ups...needed five for the paydex score...on my way, hopefully

7. JoshuaHeckathorn

Thanks for coming back and filling us in. And you were able to secure all these lines with no personal guarantees at all?

8. hailisway

hailisway Member

yes no pg on everything...now staples told me they want one. also valero called today to verify info they are a gas card and they had me sign the app and fax it back today. so im thinking they will say yes and i didnt personally guarantee that either. since i got the wright express gas card i told them i didnt need a high credit line... finally got a file with experian business but dont know the score...it says no tradelines too, but i know by next month they all should be reporting

9. dacostabt

dacostabt New Member

There are many possibilities in any business type including a way to avoid poor credit scores in your report.But finding the best trade lines for sale can be a difficult task, especially from trusted sources!

10. credit guy

credit guy Member

find hard money lending