PyschDoc's Goodwill Letter

Discussion in 'Sample Letters' started by JoshuaHeckathorn, Jul 13, 2011.

1. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Members have been requesting where they can find a copy of PyschDoc's Goodwill letter, so here it is:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter about my experience with [COMPANY NAME] that is a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning a [COMPANY NAME] Charge Card tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

I received the [COMPANY NAME] card in [YEAR], several years before I [CHAOTIC LIFE EVENT -- A MOVE, A BIRTH, MEDICAL SICKNESS, ETC.]. Later when I experienced the [CHAOTIC LIFE EVENT] and while working on [WORK PROJECT], I became disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments with [COMPANY NAME]. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with [COMPANY NAME] since that time.

To be honest, that year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which -- excluding the [COMPANY NAME] card late entry -- are excellent. I wish to thank you for renewing your confidence in me and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless.

We are about to shop for a mortgage, and it has come to my attention that the late notations from [COMPANY NAME] may preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. Since those notations do not reflect my current status with [COMPANY NAME], I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines. Your customer service repesentative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I sincerely hope that there is redemption at [COMPANY NAME], and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

Name
    Address
    City, STATE ZIP