Bank of America....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by liddyboo, Apr 3, 2012.

1. liddyboo

liddyboo Member

Hello, I have been trying to get BOA off my credit report and have been unsuccessful. The account is paid in full, but a negative on my report. The credit bureau(s) well, Experian, told me not to contact them back about the account because everything was validated by BOA. I did not even contact them that much. Anyway, I submitted the initial Nutcase letter to BOA and they received it on 3/2/12, via certified mail. I have not heard anything from them yet. So, I was wondering if I should contact them or just wait another 14 days for a reply, which would bring the total time they have not responded to 45 days. Then after that if they still haven't responding what would be the best thing to do. If they do respond and the account has not been removed, I will just submit part two of the Nutcase and go on from there. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. BCOHEN2010

BCOHEN2010 Well-Known Member

What exactly is a Nutcase letter? Is that where you deny that you are the person who owes the debt?

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

liddyboo, there is no requirement that an OC (or a CA for that matter) contact you at all regarding any type of letter.

Just being negative doesn't make the information that is being reported, less than 100% complete, accurate and verifiable.

Experian can't unilaterally refuse any dispute, but it can refuse disputes that are frivolous, disputing doesn't just mean that you say, "I don't like this, I want it off!" You need to attack specific pieces of information that are blatantly less than 100% complete, accurate and verifiable.

Balances & Terms that are not compatible, i.e. If the balance is the same as the monthly payment, but the terms are listed as x payments at that amount, either the balance or number of payments is directly contradictory.

Data is missing. i.e. My one CR has an account listed where the Original Creditor is listed as UNKNOWN, hmmmmm, that's definitely arguable as being UNVERIFIABLE, if they're admitting that they don't know a CRUCIAL piece such as that.

4. liddyboo

liddyboo Member

Thanks, for the reply jam237. I am showing two different account numbers for this account. I will inquire and see where it goes.

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

That's the type of fine-tooth comb that you need to use... :)

6. doug77

doug77 Member

Sometimes with multiple accounts this can be tricky. I had a BOA card in the past where they just cancelled it on their own and issued me a new card (different account number and slightly different rewards program) to replace it, however the old account number wasn't entirely closed (you could still call and inquire on balance etc and the automated system would not tell you that the account is closed). Also if you have a lot of cards you can ask them if you have any other active BOA cards and they'll say no because they can't see it in their system but that doesn't mean there aren't any other BOA cards with your name on them. If the cards are from different enough rewards programs, etc, often the departments don't know about each other, making stuff like this harder to track down. Best of luck!