What service are you using to regularly check credit reports?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JoshuaHeckathorn, Apr 13, 2012.

1. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

I'm curious what service most of you are using these days if you want to check all 3 of your credit reports on a regular basis? Please share, and then let us know what you like or don't like about it.

2. Heather L

Heather L Well-Known Member

I check my credit with Creditchecktotal.com. I really liked the month service because you use to be able to get a brand new credit report every 24 hours. Now they have switched to three new pulls per month. The scores are higher then what the banks use. I know the creditchecktotal.com scores are the "fako" scores. Overall I like their service. Thanks! Heather with BoostMyScore.NET

3. JoshuaHeckathorn

So you can pull 3 credit reports from any CRA each month? What's your current cost?

4. Heather L

My current cost is $29.95 per month.

5. BCOHEN2010

BCOHEN2010 Well-Known Member

I use Credit Karma. It doesn't check all 3 bureaus, but you can't beat the price. It's free!

6. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

But it gets the song Karma Chameleon going through your brain, at least my brain...

7. JoshuaHeckathorn

CreditKarma doesn't give you any actual credit reports though, right? They just give you their "credit report card" and a FAKO score. I use CreditKarma myself but I've never seen an option to look at my actual credit report.

8. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Right, no actual report, just their FAKOs through TU.

9. Golden75

Golden75 Member

I use USAA CMS. 1 pull every 24 hrs, $13 per month.

10. dragracr36

dragracr36 Active Member

I use Identity Guard. Pulls all three reports with a score at the end of each quarter. $17.99 month. I like it becuase it tells me everytime there is any activity on the report. The EQ score is very close to what the lenders get. Our quarterly reports came out in March and we refinanced a loan that my husband had and the score that Identity Guard gave was 1 point higher than the one that the lender disclosed to us for EQ. I don't really know how close the other two reports are to what lenders get but I was glad it was pretty accurate.

It also has a score simulator for various/custom scenarios.

11. JoshuaHeckathorn

Can you choose which credit report you want, or is it always an Experian report?

12. Heather L

Do you have to have an account USAA to sign up for the credit monitoring service? I am looking for another company that will allow you to get a brand new report every 24 hours. Thanks! Heather with BoostMyScore.NET

13. kwalker629

kwalker629 Member

We use Identity Monitoring through Citi. It's $12.95/month for all 3 credit scores each month. Plus they give you alerts when something changes through out the month. The 1st months fee is only $1!

14. JoshuaHeckathorn

You're not getting all 3 credit reports, right? Just 3 "FAKO" scores through this program.

15. luckymom

luckymom Well-Known Member

I'm using Eliminate ID Theft and pulling all 3 every 24 hours.

16. JoshuaHeckathorn

Nice, how much does it cost per month? And are the credit report pulls unlimited, or once per 24 hours?

17. Heather L

The monthly service is $12.95 per month with a credit pull every 24 hours. You can add your spouseto the plan for just $5 more ($17.95). Thanks! Heather with BoostMyScore.NET

18. luckymom

luckymom Well-Known Member

Yep :) It gives scores too but I am sure they are fako.

19. GirlyDoc

GirlyDoc Member

I use FreeCreditReport.com. I've really liked it (free pulls q24 hrs; all 3 CBs available), however, recent events have shown me that the scores reported there are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than what is being pulled by my bank....to the tune of 30-60 points. Can certainly make someone LIVID when their loan officer says "you don't qualify for the best rates", after years and years of exemplary payment. :/

20. JoshuaHeckathorn

Yep- you're getting what we like to call "FAKO" scores around here. 99% of lenders only use FICO scores, 2 of which consumers can get access to. Experian doesn't even sell its FICO scores to consumers anymore. How fair is that?