DOs & DONTs after Ch 7 Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Louise1, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Louise1

Louise1 New Member

Hi all, please feel free to re-direct me if this is already covered on the site and accept my apologies, but I didn't find it, so...

I've filed a Ch 7 and am wondering if there is a do's and don't's "checklist" of sorts posted anywhere on the site (and if not, please feel free to offer your advice!) regarding rebuilding my credit/finances after the bankrupcty.

I won't bore you with the details, but I've never been educated in finances or credit... I ran out and ruined it as soon as I hit 18, it slowly recovered and no sooner, along came a recent series of life events (student loans, left law school, birth of child, maternity leave, custody battle, sig other's unemployment, abrupt loss of child support, etc, etc) that altogether destroyed the tiny high-interest credit that I'd finally begun to acquire, ultimately threatening garnishment of my wages and leading to the bankruptcy filing.

In the Ch 7, I'm (hoping to) discharge medical bills, credit card bills, tuition, and misc items; while keeping my auto loan and student loans (which are not dischargeable, but are consolidated and therefore have a low monthly payment). I've never owned a home, so no mortgage involved.

Anyway, I'm just looking for any tips of things to definitely DO, moving forward from the bk, and things to absolutely NOT DO, if you have them. I don't want to keep learning by fire...

Thanks so much, in advance!

2. daisydalla

daisydalla Member

I know how that can be my mom filled Bk its a tough situation I know this company who has awesome service and helped me repair my credit you might find them useful they they might even provide you with free formation. number is 855-728-4009 i believe its toll free.