My credit situation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by uncredited, Mar 22, 2014.

1. uncredited

uncredited New Member

bank of america 60,000 secondary mortgage default, last payment 2009, continues to hit my credit report every month with "120 days late" to this day

citimortgage $487,000 primary mortgage default, last payment 2009

keybank $21,450 auto loan, car was repossessed, paid off the loan in cash a week later to redeem, transunion & equifax says "payment after repo, closed", experian says "taken back by creditor grantor, there may be a balance due"

chase credit card settlement 8/2011 all 3 agencies say "settlement accepted, paid for less than full"

GECRB/PPXTRM credit card 2,130, last payment in 2009, purchased debt by a collector on 04/08/2013 which updated the date on all 3 agencis for that date as "credit report period"

bank of america credit card $8000 last payment 2009, charge off

"midland fund" has now updated my credit report as of 02/25/2014 for the GECRB/PPXTM debt mentioned above, listing it as a $2725 charge off as if it were brand new & recent

emergency room $330 from 2014, i paid $2500 to them already when i got the bill, who even know where all these bills come from every time you get medical care you seem to get an endless number of them and half the time they dont even send them or send them to wrong address

at&t uverse $227 from 2013/2014, apparently i owed them money after i moved and found out when it hit my report

"patient services" $326, another "wtf?" medical bill chargeoff out of nowhere

gamefly chargeoff $95 from 2008

what do you guys think i can do with the above? what's a reasonable outcome i should expect to be able to achieve?

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

The sale of the account, or the new trade line for the JDB doesn't reage the account. They are required to report the payment that caused the delinquency, and that date determines the fall-off date.

The re-po. I would use their reporting on one against the others, and them.

My personal strategy is:

1 send them a letter highlighting the discrepancies.
    2 send a dispute to the CRAs disputing the discrepancies.
    3 if verified incorrectly, repeat #3 escalating the letters.

3. daisydalla

daisydalla Member

That's a crazy situation you know I know this company who has awesome service and helped me repair my credit you might find them useful they also provide me with free information. there number is 855-728-4009 i believe its toll free.

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

5 posts, and all promoting the same fee service that can be done for free by themselves...

5. BCOHEN2010

BCOHEN2010 Well-Known Member

Honestly, with all the bad debt you have, bankruptcy is probably your best option. Since I assume you are planning to surrender the house (or perhaps have already lost it to foreclosure), I believe you could file pro-se (i.e. without paying an attorney) and dump your debts for less than $500.

If you decide to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will likely see your credit scores increase by 80 to 100 points as soon as the petition is filed, and another 60 to 80 points once the discharge is granted. Without filing for bankruptcy, you would probably have to spend over $20,000 paying toward the debts just to increase your credit scores by half as much. That would be money down the toilet, because unlike bankruptcy, attempting to settle or work out payments with the creditors does not guarantee that you won't be sued.

6. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

It really depends on the SOL for the area, if the debts are post-SOL, a lot of the CAs will turn tail and run as soon as they are told to 'pound sand', especially if the notice to 'pound sand' comes in the form of an ITS with a complaint for falsely misrepresenting the amount, character and legal status of the debt (unless they are in the minority of CAs that actually do include in their letters that this debt is (a) beyond the SOL, (b) making any payment on this debt could subject you to legal action for the remainder of the debt, (c) legal action that we would not be able to take on the account because it is currently past the SOL.

Caselaw is starting to form that all three disclosures are REQUIRED on SOLed accounts, or there is a misrepresentation, and a serious misrepresentation which could victimize consumers who would normally want to "do the right thing" and make good on their accounts.

7. uncredited

uncredited New Member

bankruptcy seems like an extreme option considering the debt is all 5 years old-ish, doesn't it?

8. uncredited

uncredited New Member

this is interesting food for thought, the SOL on the state in question is 6 years

9. credit guy

credit guy Member

Good news, if you challenge your BofA second mortgage you might have a good chance of not paying it. BofA bought out Countrywide mortgage in 2009. Since then there records have been a nightmare

10. credit guy

credit guy Member

11. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

First, most of the people here do have the time, and knowledge to do it for ourselves, and would rather spend the time to do it ourselves then to spend thousands to have someone else do nothing and get the same or worse results.

Credit Repair Organizations can not make any claims for what they will be able to accomplish, by LAW.

No one can claim that they'll delete anything from your credit files, because they can't.

Unless there is incomplete, unreliable and/or unverifiable information on a tradeline, it could stay there for the full time limit. It doesn't matter how large the 'law firm' is that you've given money to to make everything go away.