CA with an offer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by wild9, Aug 24, 2014.

1. wild9

wild9 New Member

Hello,
    I came to this forum after talking to a CA for a 6.7k debt. They asked me to verify some info... I thought it was weird they had the wrong address on file but he went ahead and corrected it. They want me to pay 40% of the debt, around 2.8k, by end of month. If I can't, which I can't, they want me to start some payment plan or pay 50% of it.

Here is the info on the debt
    CITICARDS
    Date Opened: 11/2009
    Status: Account charged off 5.5k written off. 5.3k balance past due as of Aug 2014
    Recent Balance 6.7k
    This account is scheduled to continue on record until Dec 2017.
    Comment: Account closed at credit grantor's request.

--
    I stopped paying it when in January 2011 but it shows the balance stopped climbing in Oct 2012
    The CA said if I paid less than the debt, it would show up on the report as paid less than actual debt. Is this good or bad? or does it even matter at this point?

What do you suggest for this issue?

Any help is appreciated
    Thank you

2. jorgelopez

jorgelopez Member

I guess you should go for it but make it clear for them.

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Even a PAID CHARGE OFF is a negative entry. Paid for less than full or settled is even moreso.

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Check the SOL for the account.

5. wild9

wild9 New Member

the account is in FL
    If there is a signed written contract, the statute is 5 years. If there is no written contract, the statute is 4 years. For most credit card accounts, the statute of limitations under Florida law is 4 years.