Do I have a case against CRA or OC?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NumbSkull, Feb 16, 2015.

1. NumbSkull

NumbSkull Well-Known Member

Would like help to draft a letter to Transunion. I would like to file suite against them for failing to conduct lawful investigations into my credit file disputes.

On July 1, 2014 I received a response from a cellular provider after sending a goodwill letter requesting deletion of the NTL.

The letter goes like this:
    We are writing in response to your request for a letter confirming the status of your account. Our records indicate that the account balance is now at $0.00. If the debt was reported to the Credit Bureaus, Cell Company will have any negative reports removed. Sincerely, Cell Company.

Now on January 1, 2015 I sent a letter to CRA stating I was disputing Cell Company Account. I also stated that I had sent a validation letter which was received, Cell Company must provide CRA with correct data. CRA, you must correct the inaccurate info or delete the incorrect info from my credit files. I have a letter form Cell Company that they removed this tradeline from my credit files in June 2014.

On Jan 30,2015 CRA sends me an updated CR with Cell Company in the adverse section. Pay Status: Account paid in full, was a charge off. Date updated: 1/30/2015.

I am wondering if I have a case here. Cell Company said in their letter that they would have any negative reports removed if the debt was reported to CRA. The debt was only $384 but it will cost me thousands in unfavorable credit offers.

Am I out in left field? Should I just send the Cell Company Letter and ask CRA to remove the NTL based on letter, or do I have a valid case to file suit against. CRA and or Cell Company?