Little Advise Please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Berru, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Berru

Berru Well-Known Member

Hello and thanks for the help.
    Ok, need help with my wife's credit. How do I handle these issues on her credit report? I would like them completely removed. Yes, I'm willing to pay in full, but at this point, who and how?

Ally Financial - Collection/charge off..... This is how it is listed on the credit report. There is no collection agency, yet.... Ally is the original creditor.

SYNCB/CARE CREDIT - Collection/charge off This one does say in the remarks section "Charged off as bad debt
    Purchased by another lender" and yes that collection agency is listed on the report as well.

CHRYSLER FINANCIAL - Collection/Charge-Off This one says Collection Account Full termination; balance owing in the remarks section

2. Berru

Berru Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any help for me?

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

If you want to pay, your options are varied...

You can contact the OC, try to see if they would recall the debt (if it's been transferred or sold), and then you could pay the OC directly. There are some OCs that will allow an arrangement like this, there are some that won't.

You can contact the CA or JDB who is now holding the account, see if you can make arrangements to pay with them.

Keep in mind, that paying the debt doesn't make an improvement to your credit report.

You could see if they would be willing to pay for deletion of the trade line; keep in mind though that the CA can only delete their own tradeline, and not that of the OC.

4. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

What is the DOFD?

Since the debt is sold, you will no longer be able to work with the OC. Again, DOFD would help.

Again DOFD. Was this a repo?

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Even purchased debt could be recalled (I've had to have it done :)). The OC doesn't like to recall (i.e. buy back) a sold account, but it is always possible; there are provisions in the sales agreement that allow either side to call for the sell of the account back to the OC.

6. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

It is possible for sale of the debt to be unwound, but it's unlikely.

Few are a jam ;)

Most consumers cannot even deal with the OC when the debt is simply assigned; lacking the proper knowledge.

7. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

YOU mean that I manage the impossible to be possible quite a bit? (I just hate that I can't talk about most of the best things that I've done.) :)

8. Credit-Ed.

Credit-Ed. Member

Hey Berru
    Did you find any help with your wifes credit report??