10 years

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by audj605, Jun 8, 2015.

1. audj605

audj605 New Member

I have a question...I had a credit card 10 years ago limit was 500 I never paid it ....but want to get this taken care of now....

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

The question is?

3. Bbiendayer

Bbiendayer Member

So take care of it, follow the guidelines ask the authorities for help.

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

BB:

No one has any information as to whether or not the OP can take care of it.

What authorities are you thinking would be able to track down who is the current owner of a 10 year old debt? "Hello 911, I would like to track down the company that bought my credit card debt." Not going to happen.

The OP never finished asking what their question is. Yes, most likely they want a step-by-step process to find out who they need to talk to to resolve the debt, BUT they never actually said that; and they didn't provide any information that could let someone try to find out contact information that they could use to begin step 1 of that process, if that was what they were actually asking for.

5. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Audj605- I'm curious if you ever tried to do anything regarding this old credit card. Did you max it out at $500 and then never make payments? Is it still showing up on your credit reports as potentially a charge off? If you're still looking for help, I'd be happy to try and assist from this point forward. Hope to hear from you soon!