Need To Get A Car Loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Fl2BoysMom, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Fl2BoysMom

Fl2BoysMom Well-Known Member

So, we've barely touched on starting our credit repair process so far but we now NEED to buy a car.

I've been through this where I go to the dealership find a car we like and then they run our credit and tell us that that car is 'too old' or 'the mileage is too high' for us to get financed.

Ok... well if I know what the year and mileage has to be in order for me to get financed and what $ down payment I'll need, then I can go looking specifically for a car that meets that criteria.

We did find a car we really like for $5,950, that's a 2005 and has only 150,000 miles on it and is a 4 cylinder Deisel too. The resale value on that should be solid, the gas mileage phenomenal and the longevity of the diesel engine make it a good buy for us... but I don't know if the bank will finance the 2005 or the mileage or how much of a down payment I could use to convince them to finance the rest.

Any insight would be really helpful. As we have no idea how long that car is going to last on the lot.

His credit scores are:
    TransUnion 559 (CreditKarma)
    Equifax 554 (CreditKarma)
    Experian - 591 (Our Bank)

2. Bbiendayer

Bbiendayer Member

Don't wait for other day or other moment if you want something today go grab it before anybody else grabs it and you lost your shot.

3. Fl2BoysMom

Fl2BoysMom Well-Known Member

How is that helpful?

4. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Sorry you weren't able to get the help you needed back in July. The other dude's post obviously wasn't helpful at all. Were you able to finance the car you wanted? With credit scores in the 500s, I'm sure it wasn't easy to find a lender to work with. I hope you'll come back and give us an update...look forward to hearing from you!

5. Paulina

Paulina New Member

You could try United, they're pretty helpful, unitedlendingservices.com and then the free application is what I filled out. They were decent. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016