Mailing Campaign Costs, Thoughts on this...?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Fl2BoysMom, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Fl2BoysMom

Fl2BoysMom Well-Known Member

So, I'm just about ready to start sending off my validation letters, wait for the green card to come back, and then opening the dispute with the CRA.

I checked into the price of mailing letters 'return receipt requested,' and hubby and I each have about 13 entries we need to work on, for a total of 26, which would cost around $175 in postage for just the first set of letters.

I did come across this though, and wondered if anyone had any opinions on using it...
    https://www.certifiedmaillabels.com/usps-postal-rates/

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

I used to spend hundreds a month when I was REALLY active and had a lot of accounts, including sending multiple CMRRR RESTRICTED DELIVERY 'letters' that were the size of a phone book. :) (imagine 5 people at the same CA receiving the same bulky 'letter' in unison) (I would time them to arrive first thing on Monday morning, what a way to ensure that they start off having a great week.)

Electronic Faxes or faxes sent at a third-party like Staples, Office Max, etc, have the same effect; and actually a BONUS effect... The recipient 'forgets' that you get proof of receipt that they received it at the exact minute that they did, which causes them to think that they can get away with ignoring the fax. :)

Until of course, they get a draft complaint which documents every fax, the content thereof, the dates and times that they were received, and goes after them for violating the FDCPA for not honoring whatever was on the terms of the letter, whether it was a validation request, contact preferences i.e. 'inconvenience clauses', etc. and asks them to be expedient and cut a check before I have the court tell them to cut a larger check. :)

3. Fl2BoysMom

So should I just fax the debt validation request letters then?

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

You can; and online faxing can be as low as $10-$20 a month. :)

I typically do most of my letters via an online fax service.

5. Fl2BoysMom

Thanks jam! I have a fax and it prints out transmission received verification reports too. That's great news. That'll save me a ton of money.

6. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

If you are using your own fax machine, you'll want to save a copy of the phone bill that the call appears on as third-party confirmation that the fax was sent. Just in case they argue that you tried to type your own fax verification report.