Advice needed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jeffalan49, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jeffalan49

jeffalan49 Member

Hello. This is an awesome board. Thanks for previous help. Here is my question: I want to have a new deck built onto my home. The company XYZ that we will get a quote from also finances through Synchrony Bank. I asked the guy at XYZ how hard is it to get credit from Synchrony. He said its fairly easy and that he knows of only 2 who got rejected. Will going through a company such as XYZ with a quote be an easy approval compared to just applying on my own? Does anyone know what credit report Synchrony pulls from? My TU is 698, EX is 650 and EQ is 646. I also have a 6 year old short sale on my record as well. Please advise. Thanks. Jeff

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Welcome back to Creditnet, and glad you like the board!

I believe that Synchrony pulls from Experian. My guess is that you won't have a problem getting approved for financing with FICOs in the mid-600s. I also don't think that applying via company XYZ will improve your chances any more than applying on your own. What kind of terms are they offering you for financing?

3. jeffalan49

jeffalan49 Member

Thanks for the info. My real Experian score as of now is 663, considered to be fair. It is right on the boarder of being good. I am going to take $1000 and slap it on my credit card to get that balance down to $100. This will boost my credit score. I am the one who posted last month about Santander only reporting to my Experian and last report was March 2012. The letter they sent me said they will update my report as paid. Well, it looks like it was just deleted off my report entirely. This is great news. Thanks for all the help. -Jeff

4. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

If you're looking to boost your credit scores, paying down your balance and thus improving your credit utilization ratio is definitely a good idea. You should see a boost fairly quickly after doing that; however, it might not be enough to bump you up into the good credit range. Why not pay off the card's balance completely though, as opposed to leaving $100 balance?

And a big time congrats on getting Santander to delete that negative account off of your Experian report! That's awesome...nice work!