Bill Bauer, etc.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cole, Apr 26, 2001.

1. cole

cole Active Member

Hey, folks, I am new to this group, but have read a lot of the posts and would like to lend some perspective to the discussions.

A lot of people here have worthwhile information they are willing to share. No one is completely right and no one is completely wrong, but they all have something to offer. Bill Bauer can be abrasive and he likes to feel that he is more intellectual than the rest, but he does contribute a lot of information, information we will all appreciate if we have to go to court. I have been working on my own credit (and helping friends) for about a year now and really enjoy every point of view.

I have read several books and one book says to dispute only one item at a time, another says to dispute 3-4 and another book says to dispute all items at once. (The common thought is that if you dispute all items at once, it will be deemed frivolous, but I have a letter from an Equifax affiliate that says "You must include all of the accounts in question at this time" or the disputes will be deemed frivolous.)

One book says to send certified mail, another says don't. One book says to send a business-like letter, another book says to hand write a crude letter. On and on and on.

I believe that ALL the books are correct - that for 70-90% of the items it doesn't matter what you do because the bureaus investigate very few items. Instead it seems that they arbitrarily delete some items and mark others as verified. Your results will also depend on who processes your dispute. It could be a crusty 15-year veteran or a minimum wage seasonal employee. So most of the time ANY letter will get some results.

It is the 10-30% remaining items that might need a well-crafted letter or technique. That is what I am looking for.

This post is longer than I intended, but the point is that there is a lot of good stuff posted here and we should pick out what we like and ignore the rest. Anyone too sensitive to withstand Bill Bauer's remarks is not ready to do battle with the CRA's.

2. Morgan

Morgan Guest

Anyone too sensitive to withstand Bill Bauer's remarks is not ready to do battle with the CRA's."

In response: Bill Bauer has made false and misleading statements on this board pertaining to me. I just started posting here A few days ago and his attacks have been sorry attempts at my character. He has even gone as far as saying that I am posting under different alliases. As far as doing battle goes I have deleted 21 items from my reports using standard form letters. I think that I have proven my ability, how about you?

morgan