300.00 capital one increase!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 28, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I was viewing my capital one account online. I saw that my credit limit went from 2400 to 2700. I wanted to know how? so, i called cap one, and i was told that I recieved a 300 limit increase automaticlly

Too bad capitalone doesnt report limts.

Heres some History with me and cap one:

I opened a secured visa 300 limit 49.00 deposit and a secured mastercard 500 limit 99.00 deposit back in march 2001.

From then,
    Ive gotten my limits raised 200.00 on both
    then
    I got my annual fees refunded on both cards.
    Then
    I got my APR lowered 2% on both cards
    then
    Ive gotten my limits combined to the visa (now 1200)
    Then
    I got my new limit of 1200 raised 1200 (now 2400)
    now, today
    got my card (visa) unsecured.
    ****ALL IN 2 MONTHS****

Ive asked for my security funds, 149.09 to be applied to my balance.

Im not using my card again, except for emergencies, unless cap one upgrades me to a gold.

Movin on up!

psugirl

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Lizard,

FCNB is the best. Dogman and others recommended it. I checked it out but I was too far along with my credit restoration to need it - just like you. If you are helping a friend or something do a search on "FCNB".

Jim

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I've never had an FCNB card but if you've followed my posts about Providian, you already know how highly I think of them. I don't know if you can apply for the sub-prime Providian branded card directly though, although you can apply for Aria/Get Smart.

I couldn't tell you if their other brands are as good as the direct branded cards. So far I have nothing but good things to say about them.

4. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Lizard,

I have an FCNB card I got back in April 2000 when my credit was still pretty bad. It was an unsecured card with a c/l of $20. Since then I've received 2 increase of $50. Not much but I keep it in case of an emergency.

Manny

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Was that a typo or did you really have a credit card with a $20 limit?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE $100 AND $200 CREDIT LIMITS, BUT $20.00
    YOU COULDN'T EVEN BUY ONE TANK OF GAS PER MONTH...

PROBABLY ($200)

7. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

What type of an emergency could be handled with a $20 credt limit? lol

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You never know when you might run out of gum. :)

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

cap 1 bottom tier credit increase line (what most people get) is $50 line increase per month. 6 month cycle between increases. Of course you must never make a late payment or go over or nsf. But duh.

Thats reasonable, and better that most other secured cards. Once you have a good tradeline active for 6 months, you can get the aria product. It will come with heavy fees/interest but their product gives you 500-1000 increases every 120 days.

10. MiamiBlues

Now I know I need a vacation!!! The limit on my FCNB card is $350. It started with a c/l of $250.

Well at least you guys got a good laugh!

Nite...

Manny

11. making

making Well-Known Member

Since you seems so successful at it, any advice on getting increases PSUgirl(or anyone) other than getting the right person to talk to?

I've never done it before and here's my experience.
    I immediately just asked about getting a credit increase and the woman I talked to seemed really nice. She said I'll see, and asked if I was thinking of closing the account. I said I was thinking of closing one of my account, not sure which. (It kind of seemed to me that she was just nice and already decided to give me an increase and was just asking because she is supposed to get you to say you might cancel) She said despite being 1 month old, i could go from $1500 to $1700. I asked if she had any pointers about future increases and she told me obvious stuff. I said thanks very much and hung up.

I called capone(1 month old) and right away I could tell the operator seemed to be by the book. I decided I would try to show her I'm nice by talking first and asked first what behavior I should have to get increases. She started by saying I needed to wait 6 months and then obvious stuff. I asked dumb questions in hope of increasing my chances. She basically said obvious things to my dumb questions. So then I said I wanted to request a credit limit increase. She said I cant even ask until 6 months. (Maybe I played dumb too much) Really I dont think no matter what I said she'd have given me an increase.

Also, I have a 7 month old FCNB card w/$500. I charged it a lot and paid the entire balance each month except only twice the minimum one month because it was due and I realized I put too much in saving instead of checking to pay it off. I just straight up asked them for an increase, and after putting me on hold she asked how much i make/etc. so I think they are going to do a hard inquiry and get back to me.

Does anyone know if calling and asking shows up in their computers somewhere? I mean, could I call like one a day for a week and keep asking people until i got an increase? Or would the 4th guy I talked to tell me I called 3 times before and stop calling.

I'd be very appreciating if anyone who is good at getting increases can offer specific advice about what to say/do. The only thing I don't want to do is say "Give me an increase or im closing the account" While likely to work" Also, which is better to do: on a $500 limit account, charge $400 each month and pay it off, or charge the $400 once and then pay say three times the minimum? I asked orchard/mbna/cap1 reps this question and all said it doesnt matter, but really i doubt it does.

My theory is: look like a good customer and you will probably be offered small increases by any rep every so often. Talk to a nice person and you can do better and thats it.

Any thoughts?

Sorry in advance that this is too long winded :)

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Manny, your keyboard not have enough 0's? :D

breeze

13. river

river Well-Known Member

I think it's all a BIG put on,no truth to none of it!!!! Try tellin' it like it really is GIRL!!!!!! JMHO,again!!!

14. brad

brad Well-Known Member

River,I could not agree more with what you just said.PSUGIRL is just screaming for attention.Anyone who read's these post's, know's Cap-One is tight about line increases,except when it comes to PSU? LOL'S,

15. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Obviously still trippin as usual....

Sister Girl

16. MiamiBlues

Breeze,

That's my "Al Bundy" credit card...

17. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Give me a break,

I get a 300.00 increase from capital one and you think im lying. but, when others get 10000 cl from other cards you believe them.

I could not care less if anyone on this board is telling the truth or not. I certainly have know reason to lye to a bunch of people like yourself with bad credit, What a joke. Like, who am i trying to impress, you? Not!

You must have low self worth if you think your not good enough to get a 300.00 cl increase!

Well, while you vent over my increase or anything else I have ever posted for that matter, Im still enjoying my NOW 3000.00 cl from Capital One and all my other cards plus my new car.

Like ive said before, People get a lot of advice on this board, and where you end up in your credit life is influenced by whos advice you take and what you do with it. What a pitty, You must have taken wrong advice and still ended up ...... here.!

:p
    psugirl

18. river

river Well-Known Member

I have 5 positive tradelines and ones of those is GMAC and yes, I still have HARSH credit. It doesn't seem to have no bearing on my relationship with GMAC.Third vechicle(2001 Jeep Wrangler) thru them (every 4 years) with 0% interst and no down payment.I can walk into any dealership, tell them who I want to finance with and get any vechicle(just about any in reason) I want regardless of my credit report or score.For the last 12 years GMAC has been getting "auto deduct" from my checking account.Which means I have never been late or missed a payment. The best thing of all on the last deal is,I didn't ask for it,GMAC offered the 0% or 2000.00 cash back and I chose the 0%interest.Now,can you beat that? Didn't think you could. Enough said.

19. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

GUESS WHAT, I THINK YOUR LYING!

Get some self esteem guy! TWELVE YEARS AGO I WAS 9 YEARS OLD. I WASNT WORRYING ABOUT CREDIT OR WHO I COULD BEAT.

Your trying to make yourself feel superior to a 21 year old, how rediculous. and, im sure that 12 years from now, I will be able to beat that. In the mean time.... YOu can still be jealous over what I may be accomplishing at 21 years old, THAT YOU NEVER DID!

:)
    PSUGIRL

20. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

HA HA HA,

I was so curious as to why you would post your last message. Obviously your here because you have had past credit problem. So, I wenting fishing.

DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR POST "PORTFOLIO" ON THIS THREAD:

http://www.board.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=36130#post36130

HA HA HA. What are you braging about. You filed for a BK and got some things deleted.....You posted to make yourself out to be some "all the time perfect credit guy!"

What a joke!

Dont say it if you cant back it up with some truth. AND YOU SAY THAT IM LYING. IVE ALWAYS TOLD THE TRUTH ON THIS BOARD, BUT I CAN SEE WHY YOU LYE!

:)

Off to my art class, internship, work, then PARTTYYYY TONIGHT.

psugirl