1 inquiry cost me XX Points

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, May 26, 2002.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

yesterday I applied for Citi AAdvantage card. At the time my FICO was 650. (got the "further processing" message) and today my FICO is 634, thus costing me 16 points. :(

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Was it the silver card? Good luck, fingers crossed for ya!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They pulled EQUIFAX???

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, there was only 2 options, the platinum, and the other one. I chose the other one.

Thanks, Breeze, keep 'em crossed!

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Yeppers! Both times I applied.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Pulled Equifax for me too.

-Peace, Dave

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think you got the gold world mastercard - they got the silver hidden away in the next dropdown menu. They can't get anyone to apply for the worldcard any other way because of the high annual fees, I think. Whatever, once you get it, you can switch to about any card you want.

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/worldcard/aasilver.htm

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

That is what I was thinking...Erica when you get the Gold World AA Mastercard you should call Citi and switch...they do not report limits on that card (if that is indeed what you applied for).

-Peace, Dave

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

10. Maggie75

Maggie75 Well-Known Member

be sure and let us know what happens.

my equifax is 675, went down 6 points. applied for auto insurance with Amica, got a soft inquiry, and applied for Target on the same day ( insurance app is still pending, online approved for $700 credit line for Target.)

would it be a good idea to go ahead and apply for the Citi card that is being discussed while the Equifax score is up ( I have 5 items currently in dispute.) TU is 601, EXP says it is 615.

Or I can plan ahead for nine months from now, when the 13BK falls off, and I will have two or three active positive tradelines, and 12-15 inactive positives, along with my mortgage.....and then apply for a card with more of a credit limit?

If you apply for the Platinum and don't get it, do they auto offer you the Gold instead? or is it better to play it more safe than sorry, and just apply for the Gold?

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

No, I do not believe so...but for Citi (luckily) going the other way is easier...if you apply for the Silver and/or Gold and then combine and/or upgrade to Platinum Select. That way it is possible to get the card that you need and then get the card that you want.

Not sure about Citi and BK's but putting everything else derogatory on EQ and then applying has been recommended by others as well.

-Peace, Dave

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Better do a search re Citi and bk - I don't know, but I doubt it.

13. wkn

wkn Well-Known Member

Citibank pulled TU on me. I thought they'd pull EQ, but they didn't.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ME...EXPERIAN.

15. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Do you think I got it? I put down total household income, not my income. GOSH I really need this card. I hope they give it to me, and overlook the fact that SS included them in his BK.....I had to put him on the application.