100 word statement & verif

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jenny, Jul 8, 2000.

1. Jenny

Jenny Guest

Does anyone know if these really help? I have a collection on my credit report for $150 and I refuse to pay it. I've been fighting w/ them for 3 years and they have NEVER provided any proof that I extended a subscrition with them. I contacted the orginal holder of the debt and they keep saying someone will contact me and they never do.

I disputed the item but the collection agency verfies it and it stays on.

What can they be using to verify it? I had one submscription w/ them that I paid for. When I first became aware of this debt I was told it was extended automatically. Later when i showed them no where in my pprwk did it say it wld extend automatically. They said i gave them verbal authorization.

How can I get this removed?

Thanks

Jenny

2. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

RE: 100 word statement & v

Show them a copy of the Federal Fair Credit Billing Act and ask them if they would like you to send a certified letter to your attorney general telling him that your consumer protection rights are being violated!

Best of luck
    Kristi
    CarreonandAssociates.com

Jenny wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Does anyone know if these really help? I have a collection on my credit report for $150 and I refuse to pay it. I've been fighting w/ them for 3 years and they have NEVER provided any proof that I extended a subscrition with them. I contacted the orginal holder of the debt and they keep saying someone will contact me and they never do.

I disputed the item but the collection agency verfies it and it stays on.

What can they be using to verify it? I had one submscription w/ them that I paid for. When I first became aware of this debt I was told it was extended automatically. Later when i showed them no where in my pprwk did it say it wld extend automatically. They said i gave them verbal authorization.

How can I get this removed?

Thanks

Jenny